Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Charger Scatpack. I want to get as much hp from bolt ons as possible preferably try and get 500whp. So far I’m catless, no mids, no reso, Jay Greene Engine & transmission tuned, Billet Catch Can and a LMI CAI. Mods for the future is a Fastman Ported throttle body, Kooks LT/Kooks Catless Mids, Jay Greene cam and E85 conversion. My question is what is a better Intake Manifold route with my setup? Port the OEM or go with an aftermarket one like Edelbrock?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
809 Posts
Well some may disagree with what I'm about to say but it's hard to argue with the facts. The only mods you listed there that will make the car any quicker are the headers, cam, and E85. Catless wont help performance at all, just sound, as well as the rest of the cat back system. The 392 intake manifold is definitely sufficient for what you're planning on, the Edelbrock is really for cars that plan to run nitrous btw. They even make the disclaimer that you won't gain any performance, and that it designed to replace the composite manifolds with something that can handle high nitrous.
So if you just wanna be quicker, cam headers and maybe E85 if you're into that. If that's not enough then go boost.

Reactions: War

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
899 Posts
If you just want a higher peak HP number, you can get there with an aftermarket intake manifold at the expense of some low end torque. Google up some dyno runs from the aftermarket manifolds and you'll see what I mean.

Unless you set the rest of the car up for the different power band, you won't run quicker and may actually be slower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts