Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I have not put a custom tune on the car since I swapped the intake manifold but I have noticed the car idles somewhat rougher and I am getting CEL p0303 which is cylinder #3 misfire. Would this code be one that changing the manifold would throw?
If not, Im wondering what could have happened. I was careful but did bang the injectors around a little bit, maaaybe that is an issue or maybe these are not related at all as I have searched and frequently enough others are having misfires on theirs also.
Which one is cylinder #3 btw?

Ive got 6MT/ 2014

Thanks

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I swapped coil packs with another and also pulled the plugs. Unplugged and replugged the connectors to the injectors as well.
My thinking is now I need to tighten the manifold bolts as I did not use a torque wrench...perhaps I needed a little more tighten for that area. If that isn't it, perhaps the o ring gasket came lose or maybe I didn't seat it well enough and causing an air gap. Of course, swapping injectors is another thing I haven't tried...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it figured out. Whats missing in the picture?
O ring from injector #3 must have come out with the manifold and I didnt catch that it was missing. Replaced it and good as new!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts