Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning my moves for spring... one of them is that I would like to better utilize my T/A scoop, other than spending $1200 for the mopar intake and practically useless plastic ductwork. Thinking a better option would be one of the intake manifolds out there that leave the Throttle body facing up. Drag pack manifold, XV... any other options out there? Are the 2014 Shakers coming with a different manifold? And have any of you tried any of them with the factory T/A hood?

·
Banned
946 Posts
I understand what your asking for, but just wanted to state that I installed my T/A hood with vent system using the JLT cold air intake. All I had to do was trim the block-off plate to allow the T/A vent to fit over it.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Dont the TA scoops funnel to the factory intake location? All that I have seen so far do.

Is this your daily driver? I wouldnt have such a strait through design like that for fear of water having no resistance to enter the manifold.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
the AFR TA hood and shaker are real ... pulls straight into the TB not direct air to the area ... just sayin

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same issue. Looked everywhere for an intake manifold.
Screw it.....I made my own. Took a while and a lot o research but I'm happy
with this prototype. I can feel the extra power pull but we will see when it hits the dyno.
And as you can see (last pic below) with the Mopar TA hood and air system the air flows right to the
air filter from the hood and the lower OEM location. Ambient air temp and IAT run +- 1 deg.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts