Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I won $500 from my fantasy league and I'm looking to do an upgrade of some sort. I was looking at a new cold air intake but I have a shaker hood on my 5.7L so I'm wondering if that's really needed. Any advice?

I was also looking at exhaust and tuners too if that is the better option to go. Want to get some opinions.

Also if you guys have any brands you recommend for air & cabin filters that would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Hey everyone,

So I won $500 from my fantasy league and I'm looking to do an upgrade of some sort. I was looking at a new cold air intake but I have a shaker hood on my 5.7L so I'm wondering if that's really needed. Any advice?

I was also looking at exhaust and tuners too if that is the better option to go. Want to get some opinions.

Also if you guys have any brands you recommend for air & cabin filters that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Your car already has a CAI. Get a tuner, that's probably the best bet. What year is your car? If it's a '17+ you have active exhaust but if it's an earlier model you may want to consider exhaust.

Reactions: silver scat

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2015. I was thinking of removing the center mufflers but keeping the resonators if I did the exhaust

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I would do something with the exhaust and if you don't have a catch can get one. Fill the tank and change the oil....
How are the tires?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lightly worn and in good shape. Just did the oil not too long ago so no need to do that.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Lightly worn and in good shape. Just did the oil not too long ago so no need to do that.

I gotta be honest. It is a badass car just the way it sits! If you have 245s perhaps go for a staggered look and get two 275s for the rear. Then you would have a replacement pair for the front. I did on my Scat. Put stripes on it. Window tint and catch can.......................PERFECTION.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I was just looking at fairly cheap performance mods to increase the HP. I was also considering powder coating my rims black. That'd look slick.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Are Scat Pack 1 PCMs still available? You will still have your stock PCM if you want to have it unlocked to tune later.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yeah I was just looking at fairly cheap performance mods to increase the HP. I was also considering powder coating my rims black. That'd look slick.
I would like to get mine done too. Not black necessarily but I like the idea. At my age I might get it detailed real well.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
920 Posts
I would probably go for the tune, but you’ll need to get your ECU unlocked OR get another ECU that has been unlocked.

And there’s always this if you have some self control with the jetting. Even the 50hp jets are going to give you more than the tune, an intake and exhaust can.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
A tune will void your powertrain warranty if that's important to you.
Only if they find out... Plus, with the new cars you need a separate unlocked PCM for tuning so you just swap the factory one back before taking it to the delealership. If it's a '14 or older you load your stock tune back. That's what I did on my 2013.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Only if they find out... Plus, with the new cars you need a separate unlocked PCM for tuning so you just swap the factory one back before taking it to the delealership. If it's a '14 or older you load your stock tune back. That's what I did on my 2013.
They will know immediately on any 2015+ car. The minute you use a separate PCM there will be an error code thrown in the BCM alerting them a different PCM was used. You can't hide it, trust me.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
They will know immediately on any 2015+ car. The minute you use a separate PCM there will be an error code thrown in the BCM alerting them a different PCM was used. You can't hide it, trust me.
I know this doesn't make it fact, but DiobloSport claims the dealership can not detect you've tuned the vehicle once you've reinstalled the factory PCM.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Diablo made the same claims with the Mustangs and it turned out to be false. I will say it again. If you use a different PCM an error code will come up in the BCM. Dodge put this fail safe in place for a reason. You won't outsmart them.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
920 Posts
Yes, it is likely the tuner will void the warranty if they look for that code.

Wonder if they can tell if you ran n2o and later removed it?

I’m keeping my car stock other than tires and a per4mance diff brace until the warranty is up. Maybe a slight change to the Hellcat lower box and filter element.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Diablo made the same claims with the Mustangs and it turned out to be false. I will say it again. If you use a different PCM an error code will come up in the BCM. Dodge put this fail safe in place for a reason. You won't outsmart them.
I don't disagree at all. I will say that Luke (Steve White Motors) said on the pre '15 cars that they could tell how many times the PCM had been re-flashed with a tuner as well but I've never heard of a warranty being voided by a 93 octane canned tune. Once again, doesn't make it true.

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
https://www.*********************/threads/problem-with-dealer-doing-warranty-work.128843/
This guy has a 2016 and is being denied warranty with his Diablosport tune. As I said there's no hiding it. Link won't work probably because it's from a different Challenger website.
I'm sure it's happened. Like I said, I'm certainly not saying you're wrong. I had a tune on my '13 R/T and I always knew there was a chance but in most cases, the majority of people with tunes have not had a problem having warranty work done. It really depends on what else you've done to the car I'm guessing; someone who has other mods in addition to the tune.

If you want to have zero worries about this, don't get a tuner until your warranty is up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts