Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I just read my IAT's off my Trinity and the IAT is under the blower so it's post boost.

*Edit* reading comprehension...... Interesting concept having a water temp gauge for the IC loop!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Edit* reading comprehension...... Interesting concept having a water temp gauge for the IC loop!
Haha, yeah I figured that way I can maybe get a heads up on heat soak. Perhaps know where and when I need to make driving adjustments due to hot weather. Also if I need to make upgrades in the system, etc. I'm wondering if I could put a sensor where the bleeder valve goes.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Haha, yeah I figured that way I can maybe get a heads up on heat soak. Perhaps know where and when I need to make driving adjustments due to hot weather. Also if I need to make upgrades in the system, etc. I'm wondering if I could put a sensor where the bleeder valve goes.
It might be easier just to put a sensor in the expansion tank it's plastic it would be easy to drill and thread
put a bit of silicone on the sensor threads and don't over tighten and I think that would work fine. Or you
could get a temp sensor T fitting like I used on my Raptor example: https://www.z1motorsports.com/cooling/z1-motorsports/coolant-temperature-sensor-adapter-bleeder-port-heater-hose-p-9367.html

Just cut one of the lines and put that in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It might be easier just to put a sensor in the expansion tank it's plastic it would be easy to drill and thread
put a bit of silicone on the sensor threads and don't over tighten and I think that would work fine. Or you
could get a temp sensor T fitting like I used on my Raptor example: https://www.z1motorsports.com/cooling/z1-motorsports/coolant-temperature-sensor-adapter-bleeder-port-heater-hose-p-9367.html

Just cut one of the lines and put that in.
Perfect! Thank you for the link.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
Perfect! Thank you for the link.
You are very welcome! Just make sure that's the right size, I didn't check that, was just showing as an example
that they make in-line fittings to put the sensor into. That one very well may be the right size.

*Edit* I checked, that one will work it's for 3/4 hose.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are very welcome! Just make sure that's the right size, I didn't check that, was just showing as an example
that they make in-line fittings to put the sensor into. That one very well may be the right size.

*Edit* I checked, that one will work it's for 3/4 hose.
Nope, that's perfect. I just needed something like that was out there. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
Hmm didn't think about it, but might not be a bad idea. Is that your gauge?
I grabbed the image of the internet a while back as I was thinking about monitoring the intercooler heat exchanger temps but dropped the thought in favor for a fuel pressure gauge which I have yet to install.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts