Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Convertible/Custom work is about $18K?
I would love some more clear pictures, maybe outside from a higher angle, and um. How about pictures of the actual top?
But I do like it, a lot. I would choose another color to start with, but I like the interior finishing.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked up that company and they make a LOT of very nice customs>
Here is one with a top up.
They really reinforce the car, and make the roof to match the original car's roofline. They even did Charger/300s. Personally I like the ATS coupe on their site.
Man, I'd love to cross country to LV, trade my SPS in on that car and drive it home. My dad lives about 12 miles from there, I asked him to go look at it.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
I've seen Droptop's work - Shaqullie O'Neils first Challenger Convertible was an R/T model - it was being sold on consignment here in the Charlotte area.

OEM quality build and the rear seat isn't cut down so the interior space is left as stock.

There's a lot of labor involved as it requires disassembling the car to do the reinforcements, body work and repaint and then put it all back together.

Reactions: moparnoother

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've seen Droptop's work - Shaqullie O'Neils first Challenger Convertible was an R/T model - it was being sold on consignment here in the Charlotte area.

OEM quality build and the rear seat isn't cut down so the interior space is left as stock.

There's a lot of labor involved as it requires disassembling the car to do the reinforcements, body work and repaint and then put it all back together.
I wanted a old Westcoast customs episode where they did one & yeah it was crazy how much went in to it. Definitely top notch

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,981 Posts
That's a Really Nice looking car with the top down, but as others have said, they don't usually look so Nice when the top is up.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I looked up that company and they make a LOT of very nice customs>
Here is one with a top up.
They really reinforce the car, and make the roof to match the original car's roofline. They even did Charger/300s. Personally I like the ATS coupe on their site.
Man, I'd love to cross country to LV, trade my SPS in on that car and drive it home. My dad lives about 12 miles from there, I asked him to go look at it.
Why not just go to Florida and have them turn your current car into a convertible?

·
Premium Member
9,553 Posts
They are close to the University of Florida so I drove by there while visiting my daughter at school. The idea is who cares how it looks when up, you’re buyIng a convertible to drive around with the top down.
They are true craftsmen and as a bonus the rear windows actually go down too.

Reactions: vpzyck

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why not just go to Florida and have them turn your current car into a convertible?
IF I was seriously considering it, maybe. I keep wanting to drive RT66, but the problem is I only want to drive it one time. It would take me weeks to do a Hobbit run "There and back again". I have covered basically all of it from West coast to Oklahoma in parts, but want the whole thing in one run. A car purchase always seems to fit the theme.
And what better than a top down Challenger! Reading on their site, it says that of all the work they do, only the cowl area requires body matching paint. But it isn't clear which car they are talking about. Sounds like they put in tons of reinforcements, and they claim that it doesn't affect any vehicle warranty.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Owe i have no doubt it cost that much or that alot of fab work isnt involved. I guess my point is until there mass produced on an assembly line like a camaro or mustang convertible, ill live with a sunroof thank you.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts
it look very cool. Dont know that its 20k over list cool though. Maybe if it was a 5k factory option
that's the economy of scale when its on a high volume mass production line, and its designed as a convertible body style from the start.

doing it as hand fabrication and hand assembly is a whole different amount of man hours vs. assembly line

·
Registered
2019 Challenger shaker 392 scat pack.
38 Posts
Convertibles are like mopeds. They are fun to drive but you don’t want to be seen on one.

Would be cool to drive it at night and hear the exhaust rip with the wide open air around you. But that’s about it for me.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Does anyone know the brand of that strut tower brace?
Good question. Looks much like Drop Tops own bar, but the end is different. Perhaps the Challenger version

I thought it was the Patty brace for supercharger, but the ends are different

The Khaos bar has ends like that, but it goes to the cowl like most bars

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
The 5.7 bar looks cool

Looks like it is the Drop Top 6.4 bar

A Guy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts