Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Convertibles are like mopeds. They are fun to drive but you don’t want to be seen on one.

Would be cool to drive it at night and hear the exhaust rip with the wide open air around you. But that’s about it for me.
I had this for a while, LOVED IT, but wanted back in a V8

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
300 Posts
Because with the top up it looks terrible and nobody would want it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's always been my issue with convertable conversions, they can never make it look good. I think that's why Dodge doesn't make a factory convertable Challenger, the body lines just don't work with it.

·
Super Moderator
15,975 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
59 Posts
I laughed when I saw the title and then when I saw the photos, it makes me wonder why dodge doesn’t offer this.

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
... it makes me wonder why dodge doesn’t offer this.
Guess they figure it would cost a ton to develop and they would be way behind the Mustang and Camaro in sales so would it even be worth it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
300 Posts
SLK55 AMG were naturally aspirated V8
I personally never liked the look of Mercedes cars. They look like an alien space ship to me. AMG's are bad @$$ cars performance wise and the interiors are top notch, but the exterior is not to my taste.

I take a Lexus or BMW over a Benz. And I did, my other car is an X3.

·
Premium Member
9,552 Posts
Convertibles are like mopeds. They are fun to drive but you don’t want to be seen on one.

Would be cool to drive it at night and hear the exhaust rip with the wide open air around you. But that’s about it for me.
You may out there on your own island. Many people would still buy a factory convertible if offered now.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
You may out there on your own island. Many people would still buy a factory convertible if offered now.
It depends. Hard top convertible, maybe. A soft top, hell no. Too easy to break into. 5 seconds with something sharp and there goes a $1,000 + top, with whatever is inside your vehicle.
Check out the wrangler forums and they're flooded with posts about break ins.

·
Premium Member
9,552 Posts
Most people with soft tops don’t lock their doors. It all depends on where you live and park.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
A guy in my town has one of those convertibles. Indigo blue scat, forget if it was a widebody but it actually looks really good up close.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
It depends. Hard top convertible, maybe. A soft top, hell no. Too easy to break into. 5 seconds with something sharp and there goes a $1,000 + top, with whatever is inside your vehicle.
Check out the wrangler forums and they're flooded with posts about break ins.
Um, I hear rumors most windows are made of...glass!! You don't need a soft top and something sharp to get into any car. I see videos where they just hit the windows with their elbow and they are in

A Guy

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Um, I hear rumors most windows are made of...glass!! You don't need a soft top and something sharp to get into any car. I see videos where they just hit the windows with their elbow and they are in

A Guy
Breaking auto glass will make noise, and you know, that will alert people and stuff. Slicing a soft top, not so much. Thought this was about convertibles and not just any vehicle?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Sometimes, but I doubt most care, takes 5 seconds

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
SLK55 AMG were naturally aspirated V8
I know, they keep calling to me, as well as a SL550 with twin turbo V8. I lived in fear of something breaking on the car and having it down for the count while needed $2500 for something trivial, but never had any real problems with it even though it was 10 years old with under 40K miles. Nice thing about Mercedes sports cars, they depreciate faster than chewed gum, so they actually become affordable then a bargain lightly used.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts