Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing the installation of the halos, and am looking inside the interior for a good 12volt constant power source. Is there something easy to tap into? Do most go for the cigarette lighter source?

I was going to use the 12v source supplied with the lockpick, but it is a very small gauge wire, and I want a better source.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I don't know how hard the lighter inside the console would be to get out and tap off of. You might want to be carefull hooking anything up to a constant hot wire because if the Cann Buss detects current draw it won''t hygernate and the stuff that's usually in standby still draws current and runs the battery down faster.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info... but I've wired in a switch as well as the Multifunction remote for the halos, so even if I accidently leave the halos turned on with the remote, or one of my kids hits one of the buttons from inside the house, without the switch on the dash turned on, nothing will draw any current.

The LED touch switches that AAC sells get wired so they are always illuminated whether the circuit is turned on or not. I didn't like that set-up, so I use the switch output terminal to piggy back power coming out of the switch to the input power wire that lights the internal LED inside the switch. So when you hit the switch, power comes out of the switch, then does a 180 and goes back into the switch at a different pin to light up the switch. Should have come that way from the factory, don't know why anyone would want a switch illuminated all the time whether it is turned on or not. THAT would drain down the battery.

Nobody else has installed anything needing electrical power in the interior?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump... anyone?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
direct power INSIDE console port

The port INSIDE your consloe is direct, and fairly easy to tap. Open console, and pull up the TOP half of console and you can tap the wire behind the port. The cig lighter is ACCESORY power port, and can also be accessed by removing top half of console.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts