Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought my Challenger R/T Saturday, got half way home (45 mile trip) and realized it didn't have the floor mats, got all the way home and no car cover either. This was my own stupidity for not checking. Window sticker shows the $780 Interior Appearance Group by Mopar option. I got a hold of my sales guy, he has set aside a car cover and floor mats for me, but says the mats are same as regular ones. I'm driving down Saturday to get them. I do have the bright door sill guards, but am curious what floor mats are included with the package. I figured they would be "premium" as my window sticker says. Anyone have pics of their floor mats that came with this package? Are they different from standard ones, which I never got either?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The mats on my 2011 seem to be anything but premium. With a 2010 you'll at least have the eyelets to hook them to the carpet. They left that off of the mats for 2011.

The floormats that came with my 2009 SRT8 seem to be better as I recall but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My 2010 R/T auto has the Interior Appearance Group my Mopar, and the floormats have "Challenger" embroidered on them, and i have BOTH set of floor mats.

You didn't post the model year, but my 2010 package was priced higher on the factory sticker ($945) but included:
Bright Pedal Kit
Bright Door Sill Guards
Premium Floormats with Logo
Car Cover
T-Grip Shifter

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2010 R/T auto has the Interior Appearance Group my Mopar, and the floormats have "Challenger" embroidered on them, and i have BOTH set of floor mats.

You didn't post the model year, but my 2010 package was priced higher on the factory sticker ($945) but included:
Bright Pedal Kit
Bright Door Sill Guards
Premium Floormats with Logo
Car Cover
T-Grip Shifter
Mines a 2010 and just lists the sill guards (which I got), the floor mats with logo, and the car cover. The bright pedal kit is listed under the manual trans option and of course no t-handle with the 6 speed. So those two items must make up the price difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does your build sheet show this code.
ACX MOPAR Interior Appearance Group
If so you should have the pedal covers and mats
I don't have a build sheet, but the window sticker shows it should have those three tiems. I only got one, but am going down to get the rest today. I just wanted to make sure I was getting the right mats. BrUiRcNeR, when you say you got both sets of mats, what is the difference in the two?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you want a picture of the plain ones? They are in the shed, I can get them if you want.
Do the plain ones say Challenger on them? You dont have to take a picture if they have no logo. I have this feeling the mats and cover were taken out of my car and given to another customer and now the dealer might be trying to pass off some plain SE mats to me.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
No the plain ones don't say Challenger like the ones in the picture. When I got my car the cover and mats were in the trunk. The salesman was surprised when I took the plain ones out and put the good ones in. I guess they are for show and not day to day driving. After 6 months their still holding out good.
By the way the back ones don't say Challenger on them.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Your selling dealer should make this right and give you the cover, premium mats, AND the stock mats (as it seems i'm not the only one that got both).

At a minimum they should be doing a little extra something just for the hassle you have to go through because they failed to properly prep and verify package contents of your car prior to delivery.

I had to wait an extra hour and a half at the dealer during my pickup (some meeting they forgot about when they scheduled the pickup time) and the sales manager offered up about $100 in 'goodies' just for making me wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Classic package and got the mats with "Challenger" on them. Pulled them out a couple weeks ago with 1600 miles on the car and noticed they were starting to wear already. They don't seem to be "premium' mats to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got home. Got both the plain and the logo mats and my car cover. I'm happy now. All though, just as I suspected they tried to give me just the plain mats, then I made them look at all the R/T Classics, and they all had both sets of mats in the trunk. BTW, they had a Blackberry Pearl SE on the lot. What a gorgeous color!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Glad you got what you were suppose to...You would think they would have better Quallity Control than that. They should be required to follow a checklist of some kind when prepping the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts