Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been shopping older Challengers and have noticed some have a really bad interior smell - maybe like a chemical-ish smell from the plastic or rubber, but not a burnt smell. Interesting thing is that when we were shopping a year ago for an older v6 model for our son, we experienced the same. This weekend we drove two models, both 2011, both leather interiors, both really clean. One didn't smell at all, and the other was bad. Sadly the smelly one is a one owner with STP and 63K miles, but that smell... the wife says no. Curious if anyone has that in their 2011-ish Challenger?

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
Its the dashboard and my 2014 was fine until it got warm.whatever the dashboard was made of it smells like not really burning rubber but close.i don’t have that with my 2017

·
Registered
93 Posts
We've been shopping older Challengers and have noticed some have a really bad interior smell - maybe like a chemical-ish smell from the plastic or rubber, but not a burnt smell. Interesting thing is that when we were shopping a year ago for an older v6 model for our son, we experienced the same. This weekend we drove two models, both 2011, both leather interiors, both really clean. One didn't smell at all, and the other was bad. Sadly the smelly one is a one owner with STP and 63K miles, but that smell... the wife says no. Curious if anyone has that in their 2011-ish Challenger?
black ice air freshener will knock that smell out. i keep my challenger clean, but that air freshener i use will suffocate u after the first few days im sure it will drown out the smell

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
After a few years my '09 SRT had a strong odor like leather. It never had any food, drink or smoke in it either. I wouldn't call the odor bothersome but it was unusual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a few years my '09 SRT had a strong odor like leather. It never had any food, drink or smoke in it either. I wouldn't call the odor bothersome but it was unusual.
no this is definitely a little bothersome, at least for the wife lol

·
Registered
2017 T/A 5.7 A8 front and rear strut braces frame connectors
1,272 Posts
They sell these air fresheners that look like fruit roll ups that you place under the floor mats look in auto zone or orielly’s

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have that smell too but not burnt, more of a nasty putrid Oder coming from the drivers seat, kind of reverse ventilation if you will

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Check for moldy fries under the seat!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,619 Posts
Look up old Crossfires and SLKs, and the "old crayon smell" the less used the car, the worse the smell. In 2015 I bought a 2004 Crossfire with 5,300 miles on it. It reeked. I put 9,000 miles on it in 9 months, winter and all. Smell was gone from just use and air circulating.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts