Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys I just got my 2015 RT Scat Pack and wanting to upgrade my interior lights to red led lights to match my black and red seats and doors. I've gotten all the lights except the 3 foot well lights and the round dome lights in the back. I can't seem to locate them only in blue need red. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Okay guys I just got my 2015 RT Scat Pack and wanting to upgrade my interior lights to red led lights to match my black and red seats and doors. I've gotten all the lights except the 3 foot well lights and the round dome lights in the back. I can't seem to locate them only in blue need red. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
I recently replaced all of my LEDs also except the Footwell and rear pod lights. I plan to try putting red tint on ttop of the rear pod lights. I don't really need those lights, so I'm hoping to get a slight "ambient" lighting effect. The footwell light need an individual 194 to be soldered to a microchip. I'm just going to replace that with a white led.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Doing the interior is easy on a 2015 and up. All you need to do is buy a blank chipboard( the brown one in the picture) and cut it to the size of the factory LED board what you will cut off, But be sure to cut off the one you want there are two LEDs under the passenger and driver side Dash one is a dirty yellow courtesy light and the other is a ice white light that that ties into the illumination that stays on while you drive I believe it is called the ambience light, if you want to change them both to the same color you can do that also will then take the LED that you can get from super bright LEDs that comes with a resistor and a adhesive back just stick it to the new board that you created and put it back into the plastic case and connected to the two wires you just cut. It's that easy

20161121_202611_1522174480807.jpg
20161121_200550_1522174542534.jpg
20161121_134322_1522174593286.jpg
20161204_133546_1522174647501.jpg
20161121_201108_1522174985809.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
That little yellow. On that circuit board is for your rear overhead like you will take a grinder and grind that led piece off after which you will take one of the LEDs with the adhesive back and stick it in its place. You were then tie the connecting wires back to the factory connecting wires that connect to the harness. If you have a moonroof it is a hell of a lot easier. As you can see the before and after with the dirty yellow light versus the ice White. But make sure when you get your hands on the overhead dome lights that you disconnected from the harness and reattach the new LEDs to the same harness with the proper polarities

20161204_130912_1522175313879.jpg
20161204_130817_1522175479856.jpg
20161204_133720_1522175596622.jpg
20161204_133718_1522175700175.jpg
20161204_134229_1522175779208.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
These are the LEDs that you will need to change out your overhead rear Dome. They come with a 3M Adhesive back and a resistor already attached to a flatline wire. You can purchase these any color even RGB but the RGB will only cycle through the colors you cannot control the color output. These are also the same bulbs you will use in the footwell of your vehicle if you have a 2015 + if you own a 14 and lower you will have to create a slot in Mount the light in the foot well.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/little-dot-smd-led-accent-light/639/

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, great write up, I was wondering how to I would get those four areas to green LED's just today and boom, here it is, so if I am going to do ALL of the lights green and eliminate any white lights I would need #6 LED's total correct ? Also any hints for getting to these lights easier that you may have found along the way that might help, trim removal, etc...?

·
Registered
173 Posts
as an option to changing out all the bulbs cuz i didn't want to remove the headliner or any trim i used some translucent green film on mine and was stupid easy and cheap.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I always recommend the LEDs that I posted in the link from super bright LEDs. There are several factors that play Key Parts in doing this one is the year your car. 2015 and up are the only Challengers that come equipped with dual foot well lights, which one light is a hyper White and the other is a dirty yellow. When it comes to the overhead rear pot lights. Having a sunroof makes it easy. Where it would take you a half hour to pull them out replace the the LED and put it back together. If you have a hardtop you will have to go through the rear side column. I'm going to go back out to my car tomorrow and take it apart and do a step-by-step and post it for everyone who wants to change out their rear light pods

·
Registered
26 Posts
In order to change out the footwell lights you will have to pull off the bottom panel of the passenger and driver side foot well panel. And disconnect the footwell lights which will be 2 LED circuit board attached to one harness. If I remember correctly the light in the back is illumination and the one closest to you is the courtesy which should be the yellowish color light, but just check before you unplug it.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
You will need the following items
:dremel, wire cutters and strippers, LED from super bright LEDs and a blank module board that you can get from Radio Shack or some electronic store if you are in Houston you can get it from EPO off of Fondren. Once you get everything out you will cut the courtesy LED circuit board off of the harness after which you will use your Dremel to cut the module board into the exact shape and size of the Factory LED circuit board you just cut off and attached the new LEDs with the 3M Adhesive backs that you purchased from super bright LEDs and snap the new board with led back into the plastic case.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
After you follow all the steps you stepped the harness back together put all the LEDs back in its place and snap the footwell cover back on and you're done.. hope this help and hope you understood I will try to post the rear pods step by step tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Once the surface of your LED circuit board is clean of debris you and then take the new LEDs that you purchased from super bright LEDs and peel off the adhesive back and line it up to where the original Factory LED was located. After you have stuck the new led to the circuit board you will put everything back in the case and run the wires from the new LED and attach it to the harness that you just cut

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts