Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cup holder LED's done and the came out great. Don't have a pic right now but back to the subject. I changed out the bulb for the shift gate and it didn't work so I put the old one back in and nothing. Does anyone think I blew both bulbs or is there a fuse just for that bulb? The cigarette lighter still works and so does the cup holders. I can't seem to find what I am looking for and thought I would come here to ask.

Thanks
Jesse

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
any chance one of the wires got cut or a wire pin pulled partially loose out of the connection?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure. Will look at that and see if it did. Out to pull the center console apart. Will report back.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found that there isn't any power going to just that plug. Got out a tester and when I inserted in either side of the plug nothing no power going to it at all.

·
Registered
956 Posts
If you just changed the LED bulb color then it could be an over current condition that fried it. I don't know if it's independently fused or not. Check all of them. If not, hopefully it's just the new bulb that fried. You need a current limiting resistor in series to prevent that from happening again. Different colored LEDs draw different current amounts. If the circuit was designed for green, then the voltage might be too high or too low for it. A resistor fixes the maximum current draw with a set voltage. I don't know anything about that specific circuit though so I can't give you a direct answer. Usually something like 250-300 ohms for a 12V circuit. Here's a short tutorial describing it on sparkfun.com: https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/219

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went through all the fuses and tried everything I could think of except following the wires and checking to see if anything happened down the line but I can't seem to find a solution. Anyone have a wiring diagram for the 2010 challenger R/T? Thanks for all the help but I am almost at wits end.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Reactions: CRAZYACE63
1 - 7 of 7 Posts