Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a package of LEDs for my 2018 SRT from LEDpartsNow (Amazon). They specifically indicate model years 2008-2017 referencing the following: "This replaces the 2 front map lights, step / courtesy door lights, spare lights, trunk / cargo area lights, and license plate tag lights." I realize this was a bit of a gamble, but for $13.00, what the heck. Just installed the map light LEDs. Perfect.

My question has to do with the two small/round lights mounted in the headliner just above the front seat headrests. What are these called? I'm hoping the LEDs for what the seller calls "step/courtesy door lights" might work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
My question has to do with the two small/round lights mounted in the headliner just above the front seat headrests. What are these called? I'm hoping the LEDs for what the seller calls "step/courtesy door lights" might work.

Thanks.

The "step/courtesy door lights" would be what are referred to as the "Puddle Lights" and they are located under each door to illuminate the ground area where you step when you open the door to get out.

The lights over each seat in the headliner are a real pain to access - lots of interior panel disassembly (including pulling down the headliner) are involved. Here's a YouTube video showing how one Challenger owner accessed them. I think I'd pass on going through all that, but if you feel adventurous...go for it! >:)

------------------------------------------//----

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watched the video. That's nuts. Apparently Dodge doesn't expect those lights to ever burn out. As much as I'd like to change them out, no way I'm going to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased a package of LEDs for my 2018 SRT from LEDpartsNow (Amazon). They specifically indicate model years 2008-2017 referencing the following: "This replaces the 2 front map lights, step / courtesy door lights, spare lights, trunk / cargo area lights, and license plate tag lights." I realize this was a bit of a gamble, but for $13.00, what the heck. Just installed the map light LEDs. Perfect.

Thanks.
I have a question. I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT Classic with a sunroof. The interior light consist of: 4 Vanity light(2 for each sun visor)-- 2 Map lights-- 1 Trunk light-- Don't know total number of lights for linsense plate, I have NO glove box light-- plus I have: 1 light each in the door handle area on each door-- and surprisingly I have: 1 light each on the back side of each front seat shinning toward the back seat (located near the headrest area) There are no rear map/dome light, maybe because of the sunroof. Do you know of any LED light kits that would apply for me?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,313 Posts
I have successfully swapped the chip LEDs on the footwell lights.

Have plans to do the same with the overhead courtesy lights. Have a set of brandmotion (push activation) that someday I will finally install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts