Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new member here, so please go easy on me. :smile:

I brought home a 2015 Challenger last night, and when I turned off the engine, the instrument panel, shifter indicator lights, and touch screen all stayed lit. I checked back 30 minutes later, and they were still on. I tried turning the dimmer wheels all the way down; didn't work. I tried locking and unlocking the car, turning the headlights on and off, and going through the various settings and other menus on the screen, but couldn't find anything that would leave these lights on. This morning the lights were out (although, now that I think of it, I haven't checked to see if the battery died!).

I tried searching the forum archive and looking through my user guide, but didn't find anything definitive. I am assuming that all the lights should go out when I lock the car, right?

Any helpful suggestions?

·
Premium Member
9,675 Posts
Any chance a door isn’t fully closed or the trunk lid is popped?
Something is triggered to do that. I drive my car so infrequently I really can’t say anything with certainty.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, today I drove the car and when I shut it off, the lights went out after a few seconds. So I guess the problem has magically resolved itself. These modern cars are so computerized, I think they get confused sometimes.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to enjoying my new ride, and hope to participate here. Maybe someday I'll be the one answering questions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The switch in my driver's side handle was bad in my '14. Interior lights stayed on and drained my battery. Had the dealer replace the switch and all is good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The switch in my driver's side handle was bad in my '14. Interior lights stayed on and drained my battery. Had the dealer replace the switch and all is good.
I think that would involve the overhead lights, but that's not the case with my car. It is only the lighting I mentioned.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts