Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SP, Smoke Show, M6
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone:

Im look to exchange my standard interior lights to full LED. I found the map/console lights, but I cannot find bulbs for the overhead lights that sit just behind the driver and passenger side headrests. If anyone has any youtube link or video link that can show me how to change them out, that would be a great help.

To clarify I have the map lightbulbs and am able to change those but the little round ones on the roof, i have no clue as to how to get to those. Thanks in advance.

-Will

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
779 Posts
I am under the impression that all the little circle lights are already LED. Everyone I have found is and I think I have found them back to the 2012s. I could be wrong though.

Also, I did try to replace these with a different color LED. Unless you have a electron microscope with a soldering iron built in, nope, not going to happen.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was just searching these lights today - I am wondering if there was a change in the lights in the later years? Most of the posts I have seen and Videos are the typical ones pulling the headliner etc...

When I searched the Sylvania site it gave me these LED replacements.

Which would be just plug and play - I am probably going to see if the dealer has LED replacements - might be a little more expensive but no soldering etc.

I am under the impression that all the little circle lights are already LED. Everyone I have found is and I think I have found them back to the 2012s. I could be wrong though.

Also, I did try to replace these with a different color LED. Unless you have a electron microscope with a soldering iron built in, nope, not going to happen.
Mine are definitely not LED - which is disappointing since this car is pretty well equipped - and the accent lights are LED.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
779 Posts
Mine are definitely not LED - which is disappointing since this car is pretty well equipped - and the accent lights are LED.
If yours are not LED you need to take your car back and get that warrantied. 2022 RT Scat Pack part direct from MOPAR's web site.

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Automotive exterior

Same part shows effective back to 2015.

A similar part number shows effective from 2011-2014.

Peripheral Output device Font Audio equipment Cable

Cannot find anything on the 2010 and early models, but I am sure some random website has them. But since 2011, they have been LED.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If yours are not LED you need to take your car back and get that warrantied. 2022 RT Scat Pack part direct from MOPAR's web site.

View attachment 1063436

Same part shows effective back to 2015.

A similar part number shows effective from 2011-2014.

View attachment 1063437

Cannot find anything on the 2010 and early models, but I am sure some random website has them. But since 2011, they have been LED.
I went and looked again...I guess maybe it could be just more of a yellow color?? I. Ant really tell I guess without taking it out.

I think of LED as more white than yellow whi h all of my interior lights are..even the door puddles lights.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
779 Posts
I went and looked again...I guess maybe it could be just more of a yellow color?? I. Ant really tell I guess without taking it out.

I think of LED as more white than yellow whi h all of my interior lights are.. even the door puddles lights.
Yeah, I do not even remember. Mine have been purple for a while. But warm white, cool white, daylight... many "shades" of white. I just remember I did not like the color of the light either. Also, if you do take those out, you will probably want a new locking ring. The heavy handed ape-ish brute I am broke them both.

·
Registered
2021 Daytona 392
333 Posts

I think of LED as more white than yellow whi h all of my interior lights are..even the door puddles lights.
LED's can come in different colors

It was like that in the Charger too, in the overhead console. The (yellow-ish) OEM LED bulbs were soldered to the circuit board and you couldn't change them out (well, very easily anyways)

·
Registered
40 Posts
LED's can come in different colors

It was like that in the Charger too, in the overhead console. The (yellow-ish) OEM LED bulbs were soldered to the circuit board and you couldn't change them out (well, very easily anyways)
Yup, I confirmed with the dealer they are in fact LED - the Map lights are not which makes no sense to me- but FCA does weird stuff in al their lines I guess. The OEM round LED lights are expensive as well!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts