Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 SRT 392 with 24,500 miles, and it just started having an interior rattle this morning. I'm mildly annoyed at this given the low mileage. It's only present at highway speeds and it's coming from the passenger door panel. The video link below is a recording of it so you can hear what I'm talking about.

What can I do about this? I do a lot of highway cruising so this is an issue for me.

·
Premium Member
1,521 Posts
I have a 2016 SRT 392 with 24,500 miles, and it just started having an interior rattle this morning. I'm mildly annoyed at this given the low mileage. It's only present at highway speeds and it's coming from the passenger door panel. The video link below is a recording of it so you can hear what I'm talking about.

What can I do about this? I do a lot of highway cruising so this is an issue for me.
Hi Spartan040, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Spartan040, We certainly understand why this may be concerning. We kindly recommend having your dealer inspect this concern for you as they are in the best position to assist. If you do work with your dealer, we would be more than happy to provide you with additional support.
Rob
DodgeCares
Appreciate it but I actually figured out what it was and fixed it, all good now

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Unless you're willing to pay a fortune to have a dealership diagnose and fix the issue, your best option would be to pop the door panel off and track down the rattle yourself. These door panels come off relatively easy (I've had them off on my 2018 multiple times now for speaker upgrades). Maybe even drive around with the panel off for a bit to see if that helps determine where the rattle is coming from. Shouldn't be too hard to fix.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
Lift the rubber cover and tighten the screw underneath

A Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts