Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeez, it's so easy to scratch the interior of the Challenger. Had a girl in the car and she grabbed her bag off the floor and it barely grazed the glove box on her way out and now I probably have a three or four inch light scratch on the glove box. Anything I can do to lessen the appearance of it? Sorry if this has been posted before. I did a search but only found one related to seat belt scratching the center console not just how easy it is to scratch the interior in general.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Same thing happened to me. I share your frustration with how easy it is to scratch the plastics.

I just ordered a new glovebox door and replaced the damaged one with it. Instructions for the installation are on CT. It's pretty easy.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Jeez, it's so easy to scratch the interior of the Challenger. Had a girl in the car and she grabbed her bag off the floor and it barely grazed the glove box on her way out and now I probably have a three or four inch light scratch on the glove box. Anything I can do to lessen the appearance of it? Sorry if this has been posted before. I did a search but only found one related to seat belt scratching the center console not just how easy it is to scratch the interior in general.
Had mine for 3-4 years...basic thing is, METAL ON PLASTIC = SCRATCH, always tell them to be careful. Never had one on mine ever though...even with them at times not carrying haha. I'd get some 303 and just rub on it...take a pic......also how the hell did a seat belt scratch a center console?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
the seat backs are the worst....im sooo careful and so is my family....the seat backs didnt make it more than 1-2 weeks....if you take your finger nail and lightly go across it it will scratch....

no these easily scratchable plastics arent typical

my wifes Chevy is so tough that you can practically take a nail and scratch on the plastic...the kids beat on her car and its flawless

most people dont like the 'new' chevy hard plastics on the interiors...yea it looks cheap, but it wears like iron......

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
. Had a girl in the car and she grabbed her bag off the floor and it barely grazed the glove box on her way out

LMFAO sounds like you picked up a hooker and she couldn't wait to get out after being paid :)

Get some shoe polish that will do it

Reactions: OmahaRumble

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
. Had a girl in the car and she grabbed her bag off the floor and it barely grazed the glove box on her way out

LMFAO sounds like you picked up a hooker and she couldn't wait to get out after being paid :)

Get some shoe polish that will do it
That was a great reply!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The guy with the Chevy- - they've been cricized for years for having those hard plastics in the interior.

Higher end vehicles have the soft touch plastics- - you can't have it both ways though, if plastic is softer it's going to scratch easily.

My best advice, get over it. It's a scratch on plastic- - I'll take that anytime over a body scratch or ding.

·
Premium Member
11,041 Posts
You can very quicky point a propane torch to it and some scratches almost disappear. You have to be quick and not get too close.
I've heard some say waving a cigarette lighter quikly across the surface works also. Personally I'd be hesitant doing that.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Plastic scratches.

Plastic is plastic. I had a 750 BMW, an Audi, a Volvo C70, an Alfa Romeo, and a VW...as well as american cars. Same thing happens. Plastic scratches easily. I prefer the interior painted metal surfaces of my old 67 Z28/RS. New cars will always use plastic. Just don't let your dogs in there. Their claws will scrape your insides to shreds. Avoid clumbsy kids also. Put them in the trunk. Never liked kids touching my glass.

·
Registered
84 Posts
A propane torch will work swiped across quickly. This is the way you get the saw marks and scratches out of Plexi-Glass and Lexan. If it doesn't remove it the first time, do another pass at a slower speed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.