Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I considered it, however the PVC piping mod I did on the doors matches so well that I'm gonna leave it like that for awhile, thanx!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice:headbang2:
I've been wanting to due the same (katzkins interior) but I just can think of so many other things I can do with the money.
Congrats, it looks great.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
I chose to install mine vs paying an upholstery shop $500-$600 to do it for me. Not really difficult, but time-consuming. Also, there is a lot of pulling and stretching and clipping and unclipping plastic thingys (mine is a 2012, so no hog rings like the earlier seats). Your fingers will hurt for a few days afterwards, but when you are done, it's worth it (but you won't want to do it again-ever).

I took my time. Took the back seat out first, took it in the house, put on a movie and went at it. Took me all day, but had no clue as to what I was doing when I started. As you take the covers off, you will see how to put the new ones on. Reinstalled the back seat and took the passenger seat out. Mine is a daily driver, so I drove to work a couple days without the passenger seat (worked on it in the evenings after work). Took a couple days off work to do the driver's seat, but by then, it only took a few hours.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
those came out great for doing it yourself! Looks professionally done IMO. I would be afraid of wrinkles and stuff that would need to be worked out. That blue suede is amazing looking. I was looking at the red suede but I have been on the fence about how well it will age. Mine is a DD too.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Looks great...I have been looking to purchase some for my ride but they are so expensive. Any good dealers out there to purchase from for a reasonable price? I have seen some for $700 range

1 - 13 of 13 Posts