Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 SRT is in awesome condition. It still had the new car smell until last October. I got in the other day after I didn't drive it for 3 weeks because of the weather. There are light-colored spots all over the dash and other vinyl parts. It almost looks like water drops, except that it is also on the front of the dash. I have taken pristine care of my 'baby' and have never seen anything like this. I thought maybe it had something to do with the extreme cold, or maybe it is just because it is almost 7 years old??
Anyone have this happen - and, if so, do you know what it is and how I can fix it?
Thank you!!!
I can't get a good photo right now because it is not bright enough, but I can attach one later if necessary.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
The vinyl (especially the dash pad) will get that gray layer - it outgasses with temperature changes - it will clean up.

Its kind of a common sight for cars that are stored away -

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,000 Posts
My whole dashed turned a light grey when it was in -30 degree weather for a few days. The spots should wipe right off.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,643 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have seen those spots in my car's interior too, mainly on the dash. They actually went away on their own once the cold weather ended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts