Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few updates on a bit of a budget. Having fun with the new (to me) '16 Scat.
Additions -
HellCat CAI feature and new air filter.
Door lights for the Scat Pack - just for fun!
Side driver (red and yellow) LED Driver lights - look very clean indeed.
Single Red ring for the CAI Accent...
Metal petals for brake and gas
Car interior LED Lights... again just for a little cheezy fun
Red interior accent rings
Start Button Super Bee Logo (needed additional 2 way tape!)
Need to change out the R/T Grill Badge next - over to Super Bee -

Then what?!?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts
Reactions: ApexDestroyer

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
712 Posts
Tinting (or spray tint) your fog lights. (y)

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Shaker
107 Posts
So I gotta ask... is there any benefit to uncapping the passenger side headlight? Someone here has to know...
Not really. I did on mine after I installed the Hellcat I take on the driver's side. I had multiple people tell me that part of my headlight was missing. So I went ahead and removed the other side and added the Merrick rings.
You can add a pipe from the passenger side to the air box to intake more air but it would be pointless.
I like the new rings that have a grill in the back but I'm not changing out my Merrick purple powder coated ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I gotta ask... is there any benefit to uncapping the passenger side headlight? Someone here has to know...
I have been monitoring the intake air temperature before and after the CAI adjustment. I ordered the Hellcat air box and a new high end filter. There was a pretty significant drop in temperature differential as I was running roughly 12 degrees hotter from outdoor ambient temperature before and now I am running about 5 degrees hotter. Probably completely in my head, but there does seem to be a slight increase it 0-60 acceleration (mainly when getting on to the freeway anyway) and as well a slight boost in mileage. Just back from a LA - Phoenix run and averaged 25-26 mpg, which is much better than what I anticipated. (not that I bought this for fuel efficiency!)

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
639 Posts
I have been monitoring the intake air temperature before and after the CAI adjustment. I ordered the Hellcat air box and a new high end filter. There was a pretty significant drop in temperature differential as I was running roughly 12 degrees hotter from outdoor ambient temperature before and now I am running about 5 degrees hotter. Probably completely in my head, but there does seem to be a slight increase it 0-60 acceleration (mainly when getting on to the freeway anyway) and as well a slight boost in mileage. Just back from a LA - Phoenix run and averaged 25-26 mpg, which is much better than what I anticipated. (not that I bought this for fuel efficiency!)
25 - 26 mpg?

You sure you're driving it right?

Hmmm, maybe I'M not driving mine right...

My pedal has a tendency to stay down (as
my smile comes up).

Think they're connected somehow. Curious.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
25 - 26 mpg?

You sure you're driving it right?

Hmmm, maybe I'M not driving mine right...

My pedal has a tendency to stay down (as
my smile comes up).

Think they're connected somehow. Curious.
100% Highway miles between LA and Phoenix to get that...
Never get that on the roads around town!

...and yes I tend to enthusiastically state "Yummy" when I hit 80+ midway through the freeway onramp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts