Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this internal crack on my unconnect screen on Friday and I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there when I last drove her. Im wondering if my warranty will cover.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
Is it a line you can feel? Or possible the top layer is delaminating in that area? I see no impact, so I'd think it should be covered. We've had a number of members who have has theirs delaminate. Yours does look more like a crack in this picture though. Can you see it when screen is off?

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I can’t feel the line. Also I see a very small bubble in the area. Yes, the line is visible with the screen off.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
It looks to me more likely the top layer is delaminating, and air has gotten under there. If cracked, it's just the top glass and not the active matrix as I see no distortion where the line is. Either way, you'll want to bring it to the dealers attention

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
Let us know how you make out

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well guys, I found a deal I could not pass up today, so I’m prepping her for her “goodbye wash.” She will be leaving in the morning. A 2020 SP is replacing the 2018 RT Plus

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well that's one way of getting it fixed..congrats! The 5.7L is plenty but you'll enjoy the 6.4 even more!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks EngiNerd. I didn’t expect to fix her this way but hey stuff happens lol!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
I'll bookmark your post so if anyone asks how to fix a crack in the Uconnect, I can tell them replace the whole car with a new Scat Pack ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I’m starting a new trend...feel free to follow accordingly challenger owners lol!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
Oh man, you got an angled one! :D Hopefully you can get that aligned ;)

A Guy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts