Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I will work on getting this one sticky-ed but if you if have a Challenger outside the NorAm list it up...rather you are living there forever or possibly even a Service Member just stationed overseas for a while!

SF18C/ASSA, 2008 SRT8 Orange, Italy
TexRock, 2009 SRT8 Silver, Italy
Eodcheetah, 2009 RT Black, Italy
Boyd57, 2008 SRT8 Orange, The Netherlands
SKiDs, 2009 SRT8 TorRed, Germany
Aerger1, 2009 SRT8 Orange, Germany
MossonaRoc, 2008 SRT8 Black, Germany

So who am I missing?

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
08 SRT8 #3826 Hemi Orange - MyGig, F1's and SunRoof!

Hey, do we have the same car?! ;)
Same edition number and all!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey Can I post here even though I don't have my 2009 SRT 8 Challenger yet? Stationed in Germany and as soon as Dodge or ENCS gets off their tired butts I should have it mid to end of November (a month late). Can't wait till spring time after the snow to take it on the autobahn. Wonder if it will perform as good or better than my SRT8 Charger. Had the Charger up to 269.7km/h on Autobahn going to Garmisch (ran out of free autobahn) and the fastest I did the 0-60 was 4.24 during a cold morning last April. really looking forward to getting the Challenger. Which supporting vendors ship to APO-because that has always been a PITA for parts and mods in the past for the Charger?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey Can I post here even though I don't have my 2009 SRT 8 Challenger yet? Stationed in Germany and as soon as Dodge or ENCS gets off their tired butts I should have it mid to end of November (a month late). Can't wait till spring time after the snow to take it on the autobahn. Wonder if it will perform as good or better than my SRT8 Charger. Had the Charger up to 269.7km/h on Autobahn going to Garmisch (ran out of free autobahn) and the fastest I did the 0-60 was 4.24 during a cold morning last April. really looking forward to getting the Challenger. Which supporting vendors ship to APO-because that has always been a PITA for parts and mods in the past for the Charger?
It’s great to have you here...I hope you get that Challenger soon, before the heavy white stuff sets in! When I asked for an international section the Admins was like, “Wait, there are Challengers in Europe?”

I think we are going to have quite a few folks tearing up the Autobahns come April! I think in the spring we need to organize a EuroChallenger meeting…hmmm Garmish sounds like a great spot!

As you can see in my sig I got a pic at 156MPH but hit upwards of 163…accidently wiped out my Top Speed before I got that picture. And I will say the car have engine left…but ran out of traffic-less road too!

I have had really good luck with all the supported vendors I have ordered from using my APO address...to date this includes MOPAR Performance, BFXenon, BMC performance, Custom Pistol Grips, RiderGraphix, and MBRP Performance Exhaust. Let me tell you about those guys, they really went out of their way to ship the cat-back I ordered to my APO…and they did it at a very reasonable price! Although not a supported vendor but one that commonly comes up is Coastaletech. They make the LockPick that “frees” up the MyGig. I did not order a LockPick from them because they refused to ship to an APO, so I found a company called NAVTV.com that makes a comparable item called a ALL-GIG-USB that does the same thing. I gave them a call and boom they got it in the mail right away. All in all, I think any company that will use the USPS can ship APO; it might take a phone call though to fix things if their “internet store” doesn’t have APO as a shipping or billing option!

Good luck with ENCS, they can drive you insane! I got so crazy that when our car finally hit the port in Bremerhaven I flew up there to drive it back, mainly because the ENCS folks here could not give me a good delivery date! Stay on them!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for all the great info SF18C!! Having a Challenger meet in Garmisch in late spring sounds awesome (especially driving the Autobahn down there)! Just hope SKIDs' deployment gets pushed further and he will hopefully make it also. When I ordered the Corsa Cat-back and CAI for my Charger I had to go to several different vendors until I found one that bent over backwards also to get the items shipped over here. As a matter of fact I had the CAI and cat-back within a week-I was impressed. Too bad the vendor I ordered from does not have the Corsa in stock for the Challenger (yet?). Which cat-back system did you order for yours and how does it sound? I liked the Corsa on the Charger because there was no drone and when you hit WOT it scared the crap out of people in the area-it was an awesome sound.
I think I saw a post of yours that mentioned the Predator tuner. I still have mine that I had ordered for the Charger, do you think it will work with the Challenger?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Found some pics from my Charger that I will use to compare to the Challenger-once it gets broken in. BTW I will have to get back to you regarding the My-Gig and Lokpic etc. Will it let the US Nav system work in Europe??

OK cna't upload pics-too big need to downsize them-will post some other time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi guys!!!
I'm from Geneva in Switzerland and I am waiting for my 2009 SRT8...
I finally saw the car in person and it's awesome!!! I have made the right choice in ordering this beast. Now I've got a 2006 Mustang GT to sell, I love it but...:deadhorse:...:wave:

Thanks for this section SF18C!!!
PS: Sorry if my english is not very good...:(

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Thanks for all the great info SF18C!! Having a Challenger meet in Garmisch in late spring sounds awesome (especially driving the Autobahn down there)! Just hope SKIDs' deployment gets pushed further and he will hopefully make it also. When I ordered the Corsa Cat-back and CAI for my Charger I had to go to several different vendors until I found one that bent over backwards also to get the items shipped over here. As a matter of fact I had the CAI and cat-back within a week-I was impressed. Too bad the vendor I ordered from does not have the Corsa in stock for the Challenger (yet?). Which cat-back system did you order for yours and how does it sound? I liked the Corsa on the Charger because there was no drone and when you hit WOT it scared the crap out of people in the area-it was an awesome sound.
I think I saw a post of yours that mentioned the Predator tuner. I still have mine that I had ordered for the Charger, do you think it will work with the Challenger?

We ordered our exhaust from MBRP Performance. They also bent over backwards to ship it to us from Canada! It's taking some time to arrive, however, it's not as easy as shipping from the US. They have some videos up of the sound. Sounds great -- can't wait to get them on our orange beauty!!!

I'm not sure about the Predator tuner. One of the other guys might be able to answer that question... or maybe Steve, but he'll be in the states until the 1st.

The US Nav system will not work here. You have to buy the European version of the radio. I believe the dealer said it would be about 2,000 Euro. We have one of those portable systems in the window now. We thought about buying a Euro model, but to me it seems like too much when we don't plan to live here more than 5 years.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Hi guys!!!
I'm from Geneva in Switzerland and I am waiting for my 2009 SRT8...
I finally saw the car in person and it's awesome!!! I have made the right choice in ordering this beast. Now I've got a 2006 Mustang GT to sell, I love it but...:deadhorse:...:wave:

Thanks for this section SF18C!!!
PS: Sorry if my english is not very good...:(
Hi again Swiss!

Shame on you for not speaking English very good! :stickpoke:

:lol: I'm joking! I always tease Italian people when they say "excuse me, my English is not very good" and many of them speak better than I do! And their English is better than my Italian! :p

How were you able to see it in person?! That's great!! I'm sure someone will buy your Mustang quickly.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Sweet! A nice little nook for us to call our own!

For those of you that Don't know me:
Scott D. (AKA SKiDs)
US Soldier stationed in Wiesbaden Germany
2009 Challenger SRT8
6-Speed, MyGig
TorRed
Ordered: 13 May 08
Scheduled Delivery: 15 Oct 08
Actual Delivery: God only knows!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi everybody,

i just want to introduce myself in the international section as a new forum member from germany. Actually i do not own a challenger yet but i am just in the progress of buying one ;-) Unfortunatly as the car is not oficially offered over here, it is quite a hassle dealing with the "grey import" companies. Getting a good leasing contract (it will be my business car) is complicated as the depreciation of the challenger is considered extremly high by the leasing companies....so the rates are quite high compared to the standard BMW and Mercedes sedans :-(

I know, i know, it sounds weird, but over here the US stuff is the expensive luxury ;-)

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Hi everybody,

i just want to introduce myself in the international section as a new forum member from germany. Actually i do not own a challenger yet but i am just in the progress of buying one ;-) Unfortunatly as the car is not oficially offered over here, it is quite a hassle dealing with the "grey import" companies. Getting a good leasing contract (it will be my business car) is complicated as the depreciation of the challenger is considered extremly high by the leasing companies....so the rates are quite high compared to the standard BMW and Mercedes sedans :-(

I know, i know, it sounds weird, but over here the US stuff is the expensive luxury ;-)
Just like over in the US those BMWs and Mercedes are expensive luxuries!
Our Italian friend has a Dodge Nitro and the Europeans LOVE it. I really don't understand what's so great. :lol:

Good luck in getting your Challenger! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
65 Posts
...lol, because it´s different. Nobody drives american cars over here. And to be honest, i am sick of the perfection of german cars. I want some character and big V8 sound ;-) And maybe this will be the last chance before gas guzzling monsters like this will dissapear from the streets because they either become forbidden or gas prices will rise to 10-15€/gallon ;-) My next car after the challenger will then be a more senseful electric sportscar like the tesla.....who knows.......

·
Registered
65 Posts
lol, wow the current state of the auto industries really lead to some interesting deals. An imported Challenger R/T including transport, taxes and so forth costs about 56 K$ in Germany. The resulting leasing rate for 3 years is about 1K$/Month because the are only rated 25-30% worth after that time. For the same rate i could currently get a fully loaded Mercedes CLS worth over 115K$ !

But nevertheless i will still be going for the Challenger............After all it´s an old E-Class ;-)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi, just discovered this international section.
I'm one of the few crazy Europeans, that bought a Challenger.
This is what I payed: I hardly dare to tell. $103.951,82 !!! (74.000,- Euro)
That's because we have some nice taxes for luxury cars. Half of the price is taxes. then of course shipping costs and dealer commission. If MRSP was about $41.000,-, that's 29.000,- Euro when I buy it at a US dealer.
The CO2 tax alone is $154,- for each gramm above 220 gramm. The srt8 has about 330, so 110 x $154=almost $17.000,-

But it is worth every Euro.

I ordered the Corsa cat-back. Costed me $1700.- including a C&L true flow CAI including shipping from the US. A full size Alcoa w. F1 supercar was
$850,- incl. shipping.

Meeting in spring? I'll be there...Only I'm away from May 25th until June 7th.
That for doing the "Roadball 2009" 13 days, 4300 Mls, 12 cities (and hotel with party every evening) 42 hot cars only. See Roadball Edition 2009

Will see if I can get a fair quote on some RER mygigs here. They remove all the mygigs. Then convert them to REW, so you can use the NAV and radio. Maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello to all you EU living people! I just got my 09 RT Challenger 2 weeks ago. Black with silver RT stripes (soon to change the stripes). MyGig, Leather everything, J package...with the exception of 20" wheels I got every bell and whistle Dodge had available. K&N CAI installed, and lots of more mods to come! I don't trust the Italians or the postage system to try and get a catback while I'm overseas, so I'll just wait until I get back to the good ol' USA.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
Just to let you know that my wife and myself have a 2008 SRT Challenger, #1084 of 6400 here in the UK.
At the moment it is standard but I have a Corsa exhaust and Airraid intake on order for it.
The car cost us £41,000 £'s sterling and had 200 miles on the clock when we picked it up.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Hi,
Just to let you know that my wife and myself have a 2008 SRT Challenger, #1084 of 6400 here in the UK.
At the moment it is standard but I have a Corsa exhaust and Airraid intake on order for it.
The car cost us £41,000 £'s sterling and had 200 miles on the clock when we picked it up.
Hiya -- welcome to the forum!
How long have you guys had the Challenger?

·
Registered
32 Posts
We've had the car about 2 months, its actually my wife's daily driver, for my sins my daily driver is a 2008 Charger SRT8 Super Bee!!!!

1 - 20 of 113 Posts