Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking at buying a 2010 Challenger SRT-8 that's brand new on a dealer's lot. Basically it's about $10,000 off MSRP with 50 miles on it. The story, according to the sales manager, is that the owner brought it in for himself and didn't drive it and has been hemming a hawing about selling it.

Now my questions...are the forged alloys the same size regardless of whether they are shod with all-seasons or a 3-season tires? It's on the all-seasons but if I were to order a new SRT-8 I would have specced the performance tire as this is a 3rd car.

I'm also considering a 2011 SRT-8 given the improvements but this deal is hard to ignore and I very much like the way the 2010 drives anyway.

Thanks.

·
Banned
675 Posts
2010 SRT for $35,000 do it

Just guessing but the all season tires are usually close to stock size

·
Registered
191 Posts
WAs is titled? If so then its used. No matter what the mileage

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2010 SRT for $35,000 do it

Just guessing but the all season tires are usually close to stock size
Sorry...what I meant was whether the wheels are the same regardless of ordering the all-seasons or F1s as the F1s are slightly wide in the rear.

And it's $43,888...I'm in Canada;-)

WAs is titled? If so then its used. No matter what the mileage
Brand new, never titled, warranty hasn't started yet.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
At least on the 09s, the wheels are same size all around regardless of All Season or 3 Season. The rear F1s are just a wider tire.

Unless you just have to have the latest and most powerful, it would be hard to pass up $10,000 off with new warranty.

I drove the 392 and the 6.1s at the Track Experience last week and I could tell the difference but it wasn't a stunning difference.

Then when I rode the hot laps with the pro driver in the 6.1, it was obvious I have a lot of improvement room before I can fully utilize the 6.1 I have now.:disgust:

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
The Alcoa forged aluminum wheels on the SRT are 9" all around. They are the same width whether the tires are Goodyear F1s or RSAs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts