Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been answered before but I did not see it in my search. What I am trying to find out is this:
I have a 2018 Challenger ScatPack 6.4 /M6. Not any mods accomplished yet so to speak but am looking at doing some in the future. I'm considering purchasing this tuner and pcm swap to begin with. Will I notice any performance difference with the canned tunes that come with it in the mean time? Will it cause any issues? Any benifits to having the unlocked PCM and Tuner essentially.
I was considering getting a Tazer but didn't really know what that would do for me.
FYI, I'm over 40k miles on the car.
Thanks for any input at all on this matter.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,522 Posts
You'll void your warranty with the PCM swap, and yes the dealer can tell even if you swap back. Tazer will give you SRT pages if you don't have them among other things.

·
Registered
2018 Yellow-Jacket Scat Pack
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well other than the warranty issue, will the PCM swap with the i3 tuner benefit in any way initially?

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 A8
92 Posts
Just did that on my 392 A8. Feels faster around town but only showed about .10 gain in the 1/4 and 1/8th. I haven't tried any tunes other than the canned 93 octane tune.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
GoDango, besides the tuner, what other mods have you done to your TA?
I have done a few mods and waiting for my InTune 3 w/PCM Swap.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger T/A 392 A8
92 Posts
Nothing but drag radials, catch can, Tazer and a front strut brace.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
GoDango, besides the tuner, what other mods have you done to your TA?
I have done a few mods and waiting for my InTune 3 w/PCM Swap.
Post PICS, see what they look like, I upgrade a few months back adding BBK Throttle body upgrade, JLT Catch Can, Strut Tower. Going to look into upgrade CAM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts