Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2012 Srt8 6spd has a k&n cai and dynamax VT cat back. Should I run the std 93 octane tune from diablosport or do I need to add any fuel for the cai and exhaust change? Also do you leave the throttle acceleration alone or add a few %. My main reason for the tune is drivability and better throttle response, especially down low.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I loaded the 93 octane tune, and didn't change any of the parameters.

The car sounds a bit more aggressive, and I think it pulls harder between 1500 RPM and 3000 RPM.

I collected some data on 0-60 times. I was about .15 s faster with the tune than with out averaging over 6 runs with each tune. Next spring, I plan to play around with it some more to validate those observations to make sure I just wasn't getting better at shifting, or some other factor.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Hi, my 2012 Srt8 6spd has a k&n cai and dynamax VT cat back. Should I run the std 93 octane tune from diablosport or do I need to add any fuel for the cai and exhaust change? Also do you leave the throttle acceleration alone or add a few %. My main reason for the tune is drivability and better throttle response, especially down low.
I remember seeing a response to this same question from a Diablosport tech. They are eventually going to add these mod selections to the tune. In the meantime they recommended adding a little fuel for those mods. Sorry, I don't remember how much.

I just stuck with the 91 tune until they add these. I have a cai and catback myself. I set my throttle boost to 15. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes, I take my comment back. I run the 91 tune, but fill up with 93 gas. I knew something sounded wrong when I replied.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts