Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my tuner is on my front porch right now... I have been reading up. On the last fill up, I switch from mid grade to 93 octane.

I have an automatic with zoomers exhaust and mopar cai. Stock thermostat.

From what I understand
I will make sure that the tuner has the latest tunes.
I will install a canned tune
I will want to increase the throttle boost to somewhere in the area of 15%
I will want to increase the shift firmness
With stock thermostat, I should adjust the canned settings for fan temps (not sure I understand what to set it to there)
I'll probably turn MDS off.

What are the settings for the fans temps with stock t-stat?
Should I get a 180 degree t-stat sooner than later?
What else should I look at doing?
Are there any other most commonly used settings?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts/help!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see the diablo tune (93 octane) and 91 octane tune, but I don't see anything for CAI. Am I missing something? Will the diablo tune account for the CAI or will I have to change some things?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
No need for any fan changes until you swap to a cooler t-stat :)

Other than that, enjoy ;)
Can you tell me if the Intune lowers the fan speeds in the 91 and 93 tune? I have been running the 91 tune since last fall before I put the car up for winter. I just installed a Jet 180 T-Stat so will I need to go back into the program and lower the settings, or are they already lower? Thank you

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Can you tell me if the Intune lowers the fan speeds in the 91 and 93 tune? I have been running the 91 tune since last fall before I put the car up for winter. I just installed a Jet 180 T-Stat so will I need to go back into the program and lower the settings, or are they already lower? Thank you
We do alter them a bit, but just to optimize use with the satock t-stat, if changing to a cooler stat, I'd lower the fan temps accordingly.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
We do alter them a bit, but just to optimize use with the satock t-stat, if changing to a cooler stat, I'd lower the fan temps accordingly.

Thanks[/QUOTE
Thanks for the information. I will look around here and see what other guys are setting their temps at.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I see the diablo tune (93 octane) and 91 octane tune, but I don't see anything for CAI. Am I missing something? Will the diablo tune account for the CAI or will I have to change some things?
Run the Diablo tune for the CAI 93 tune, then you can also adjust things like the Throttle Boost!
For the 13's there is no "CAI" canned tune. I think the statement over on the Diablo forums was that switching to a CAI did not lean it out so there was no need for a separate tune. Maybe Mike will clear that up for you.

Most people end up running the 91 tune on 93 octane. I say load the 91 and datalog for ST and LT knock. If you are getting 0, then try out the 93. 1-2 ST is acceptable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts