Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just in the process of using Johan for a custom tune (InTune DCX) for my 2014 RT (5.7L) and had a couple quick questions.

Is it still recommended that the push button be removed during tuning? Has anyone tuned a 2014 without removing the push button?

Also, if this is my first time using the InTune, should I write a stock tune (93 octane) first to create the original backup to send out for custom tuning? The only way I see to initially create a backup file is to write a tune.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Push button works just great installing the DCX tuner- first push =accessories

second push = run third push = start If you do not have the brake pedal depressed the car will not start as you cycle back to Off. Be patient first time install can take some time.

·
Registered
2012 challenger srt
1,951 Posts
I'm just in the process of using Johan for a custom tune (InTune DCX) for my 2014 RT (5.7L) and had a couple quick questions.

Is it still recommended that the push button be removed during tuning? Has anyone tuned a 2014 without removing the push button?

Also, if this is my first time using the InTune, should I write a stock tune (93 octane) first to create the original backup to send out for custom tuning? The only way I see to initially create a backup file is to write a tune.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tom
Install the tune you want Johan to tweek for you. Then go to your computer and save you original back up. You will still have it on the InTune also. johan will send you a list of PIDs he wants you to data log. install the tune again if you put it back to stock. Once you have the tune in the car do not make any changes to the tune. Go out and run the car and log the PIDs he told you too. then email him the tune you just data logged he will make adjustments and email it back to you. He will tell you all of this better than I did just follow his instructions. I would use the 91 tune not the 93. You will have fewer problems with knock with the 91. Good 93 oct is hard to find.

·
Super Moderator
17,338 Posts
What I've noticed is occasionally when trying to power ignition back "on" when the Intune wants it, sometimes the push button won't work.

This typically happens to me on the 2nd "power up" when the Intune calls for it.

I then have to pop the button out and use the fob...

After everything is all installed, updated I'll put the push button back in.

I don't know if this happens in all years, but I experience this with the '09.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I've noticed is occasionally when trying to power ignition back "on" when the Intune wants it, sometimes the push button won't work.

This typically happens to me on the 2nd "power up" when the Intune calls for it.

I then have to pop the button out and use the fob...

After everything is all installed, updated I'll put the push button back in.

I don't know if this happens in all years, but I experience this with the '09.
Thanks everyone. First tune loaded without issue. Hal, I had the exact same experience with the push button on 2nd update.

·
Banned
697 Posts
I remember the whole push button start really throw me the first time I used a Diablo on these cars.

Remember guys, if you are in the market for a Diablo, we have a great forum member deal. Just call, pm, or email us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts