Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and Happy New Year!!
I am wondering/debating what would be more beneficial and give me the most bang for the buck. A basic plug and play Intune with just the canned 91 octane tune or a new 87mm throttle body?
Have a 2012 Challenger SRT 392 with the A5 trans. Everything is stock although I did just install a new BT catch can last week. Car has just turned 15,000 miles. Actually after reading all the posts on that subject I wish I would have done it sooner.
Anyway if you all don`t mind offering a little advice as to which upgrade mod you feel would work best and
deliver the best performance gain. Either way the cost will be similar for either mod at around $400.00 to
$450.00 dollars.
Thank you for your input....... Ron

·
Registered
329 Posts
Tune it! They both will "theoretically" increase throttle response, but you will get more/other options with the intune. And with a custom tune later you will really be happy you went with the tuner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Tuner no doubt. Other than the performance tunes, you can improve shift firmness to make it more performance oriented. A Diablo tuner for an automatic Challenger is a must buy!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Intune all the way, best bang for the buck and will help with all your future modding! We have them in stock with free shipping too!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Tuner, its a no brainer

·
Registered
287 Posts
Tuner first

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay --- thanks everybody for your input!! It seems to be unanimous - I need to get a tuner!! I do appreciate all your opinions and experienced ideas ---
Thanks again and I will be ordering my new Intune shortly. I got my new catch can thru Speedlogix last week and will be ordering my new intune thru them as well.
THANKS!!!! --- Ron

·
Registered
447 Posts
I say get the tuner as well. I just bought a trinity and installed the 91 tune today. I must say, that first tuned drive was fun. Glad I bought it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts