Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was just trying to get my girl ready for the spring. Part of that was ordering a pair of tires. My plan was to put 275/40ZR20 Invos on the back and movng my GY F1 rears to the front as they still have about 1/2 er tread. I have the intention of buring them on off the ring before I have to ship her home in Jun and buying matching 275/40s for the front in CONUS.

BUT...Guess what!!!!!

Nitto doesn't seem to feel the need to produce 20's regularly and everyone who ships over here is out of stock. The guys at Discount Tire felt sorry for me and gave me a break on some P-Zeros, but now it'll be a couple of years before she finally get the new shoes I promised her:disgust: Maybe not too long though the way people talk aut treadlife on them...figure they can't be worse than the F1s though...9,000 miles are you kidding me?

OBTW, anybody know how to fix the MASSIVE understeer we have in these rides that is causing my fronts to shed rubber so quickly (besides replacing the driver)? Going to 275's up front should help, but there has to be a way to get her more ballanced.

:werd:

--HD

·
Registered
733 Posts
it's basically the same like with other cars:
leave the stock swaybar in place on the front and get a harder swaybar for the rear.
get the adjustable eibach a-arms for the front and set them to -2.5 degrees (leave the rear alignment stock).
Eibach Front Alignment Kit 05-09 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum 2.7, 3.5, 5.7, 6.1L

don't get wider tires for the rear than for the front. I was running 275 front and 295 rear (PZero's) and I will run this year 285 all around to get a better balance.

if that's not enough get some sticky tires for the front but leave the rear with normal "good" tires.
e.g. Toyo Proxes R888 for the front and some "normal" PZero's on the rear
PROXES R888 | Toyo Tires

1 - 2 of 2 Posts