Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
if I have 2.043 or 2.045 in my RER from the factory (2010 challenger) do I need to update to each and every version between 2.043 and 2.402 or can I just load 2.402 and get all the stuff in between from the 2.402 disk?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should be fine going straight to 2.402

·
Registered
27 Posts
if I have 2.043 or 2.045 in my RER from the factory (2010 challenger) do I need to update to each and every version between 2.043 and 2.402 or can I just load 2.402 and get all the stuff in between from the 2.402 disk?
I was able to go from 2.1xx to 2.402 with no issues, and my co-worker who had the 9.xxx software upgraded to 2.402 with not a problem.

·
Registered
460 Posts
haha...I just downloaded and burned 2.401 last weekend since I had a new RER was just replaced under warranty. Time to download and burn again so I can get full functionality with my iPhone!

·
Registered
27 Posts
What does the update do? I don't seem to have problems with my iPhone 4 and the challengers my gig...

Thanks
It mostly seems to adress some Bluetooth communication snags that were causing the connection to re-initialize at strange times. Or something like that.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
What does the update do? I don't seem to have problems with my iPhone 4 and the challengers my gig...

Thanks
Some people cant pair their phones. Mine paired but it wasnt all that easy. I had to try it a couple of times before it worked but it eventually worked after 4 tries or so.

Other people had trouble dropping calls. Never happened to me.

Some people didnt see their phonebooks download. Mine downloaded most every time. I remember once when it didnt. I couldnt use the uconnect.

Most all people didnt have their caller id displayed on the radio screen. I had caller id displaying with my iphone3 but lost that when i got my iphone4. Its back now with the new version.

I originally had version 2.043. 2.402 works like a champ and my ringtones even come thru the radio now.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Updated mine straight from 1.220 to 2.402 without a hitch. Works great. The only thing I did before updating was to disconnect form bluetooth. I paired my IPhone after and it worked great. My HDD files were still intact as well as my custom pictures.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So I am new to the updates so I apologize in advance if I sound like a dumb a**. What are the steps? My guess is you download to cd from computer, load into unit, and it figures out what to do? Or do you have to connect via USB? Also, I have a 2009 srt with Nav, does this update apply to me? My phone seems to work ok, but it won't stream audio over Bluetooth like it does in my other vehicle. Is it supposed to with mygig nav? My 3GS and 4 do in my other car (my truck). Lastly, when connected by cable, is there a shuffle option? I don't like having to pick by artist. Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Got to test mine out this afternoon...worked perfectly :) I didn't have the dropping issues others did, but it was nice to finally see the call info on my display.

Neil - pretty simple, download the .iso file above. Burn that file to a CDR using Nero. Start up your car (keep it running while installing...you don't want a power drop during installation or it really messes with your radio). Insert CD and click the option to install. It'll reboot at least twice. After the third time, it should ask if you want to upgrade again from 2.402 to 2.402 (same version). Click 'no' and eject the disc...you're done!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Mine worked perfectly on my 09. No difference from the 3GS

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
With the iso file, you need to download the file then "open with" Nero or some other cd burner program. When you have the iso file on your puter, go to that directory it's in and right click it, then select "open with" and choose Nero. When Nero burns the cd, it will extract the files from the iso image file you downloaded.

I tried making a data disk by selecting the iso file and it just copied the iso file to the disk and didn't extract the files. That's why you need to use the OpenWith method

·
Registered
719 Posts
Caller ID works
No more dropped calls from bluetooth

Phonebook still does not download.

Oh well, take what I can get.

Mike

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
"Has anyone changed the language files?
After 2 years, tired of the American English voice for prompts...something Australian or British maybe."

Interesting idea, however not sure it would work.It looks like the radios are different, and it says not for US models on the downloads page. Are you going to try it?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts