Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldnt find it if it has. After connecting my Iphone through the center console, is there a way to play the songs in "Shuffle" mode through the nav/head unit? Thats usually how I play songs and don't see the option to randomly play songs, rather only playlists, or going straight to artist. One time, and one time only, and I dont know why, I had my iphone on shuffle before I hooked it up, and the unit kept it that way. When I try to repeat that glorious day, it takes away the shuffle order and right back to alphabetical. Thanks for any help.

·
Banned
675 Posts
I set my ipod to shuffle, then plug it in.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is an option in the Mygig menu, but I can't remember what it is. I think it's called random.

I will try and remember to get exact instructions next time I am in the car, provided someone doesn't do it before then.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Press the menu button to the right of the screen. Youll find an option for Random in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
156 Posts
OK, I have seen at least 3 threads on this but not really finding the answer. I have an 09 SRT that I just picked up about a month ago. I have not been able to figure out this random/shuffle play either. I have the RES radio (the regular radio with 6 discs) and the iPOD connector in the console. The manual says to push the SET/RND button. However, my "set" button (the "RND" doesn't appear on any button on my radio) doesn't seem to initiate anything at all during ipod play. I don't think that having the 3Gs iphone on random play when I plug it in works either (no control of the music from phone when plugged in). Any advice would be appreciated. I'm having a hard time believing that Random/Shuffle play is not possible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I purchased my iphone 4 about two weeks ago. I switched over from the blackberry. I tried to plug my iphone into the adapter in the armrest and the connecter didn't fit the slot located on the bottom of the iphone. My itouch fit and functioned perfect, but the iphone will not stay connected. Also gave me a message on the iphone screen, "this connection will not support charging" or something like that.

So I plugged the iphone usb cord into the usb port located on the face of the radio. I discovered that I could charge my iphone battery, but I could not play any music,(radio,HHD,SAT and Disk still worked) AUX and IPOD icons on the radio touch screen were grayed out.

I guess the simple fix would be to order a new cord that will fit the iphone 4, it one exist, does it. What am I doing wrong here? Has anyone out there had simular trouble connecting the iphone 4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts