Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else have problems with ipod plug in fitting loose in an iphone4? My FF plug in the console fits loose in my iphone 4 and if i hit a bump it quits playing and says communication error.:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Do you mean the part of the cable that plugs into the console or the other end that plugs into the Iphone? That end on mine "locks" in and you have to press the little buttons on the side of it to release.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Do you mean the part of the cable that plugs into the console or the other end that plugs into the Iphone? That end on mine "locks" in and you have to press the little buttons on the side of it to release.
What they said.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
The 08's don't have the ipod hook up in the console but I can report that the iphone 4 works perfectly with my UConnect.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm talking about the end that plugs in the phone...I know all the ipod and iphone plugs are the same...but this one just seems to not fit correctly. The car is parked for the winter now so it's not the end of the world.I keep another ipod just for music anyway...I was just thinking I was the only one...I really appreciate all your help.Thank you.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can tell you with my iTouch, there are communication errors all the time. If the cable isn't exactly snug, I get it. So if I go some bumps on the highway... BAMF... communication error. I wish the cable was either shorter to allow a better fit in the console or longer to allow the i(whatever) to sit outside. It's just long enough to be a pain both ways.

·
Registered
574 Posts
like was said above, the end of the ipod cable locks into the ipod, so i dont see how u can have a loose fit or a comm error.

i was getting a comm error but this was because i had a third party adapter on the ipod cable to allow my iphone to charge.

side note:
usb can charge on 2 pins of the cable, older iphones charged on one of the pins in the cable, newer iphones charge on the second pin of the cable, cheap companys only run the wire for one of the pins and send power down (how much is saved by not running the second wire in a usb cable?) and thus some iphones wont charge with some cables, etc, etc, etc bought an adapter to fix this with the ipod cable in the car

back on topic that adapter must suck cause it started getting a comm error recently, i removed it and now my phone plugs directly into the cable, it does not charge now, but it locks in and no longer gets a comm error

do you have a similar adapter, cause the adapter was kinda loose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts