Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have my ipod connected to the USB port inside the center console. Works fine, and I can select it as a 'device' when I push AUX on the screen.

However, when I start my car, my ipod is not listed as device under AUX. If I was listening to it when I turned the car off, then when I start the car it plays FM or something, it doesn't go back to the AUX/ipod and it isn't listed as a device. This happens 75% of the time. I have to unplug the USB, then plug it back in, then it will show up under 'devices.'

Is this normal? Something wrong? An easy fix? Thx!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't have a solution to this but the same thing happens to me all the time. Sometimes it will recognize it and other times I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome to challenger talk. Regarding the audio. Are you using an original ipod cable?? Ipods are very picky mp3 players

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am using an apple iPod/iPhone adapter, probably one that came with the iPod itself or my first iPhone a few years ago. The iPod is not new, I think it's a 3rd generation maybe? Ive had it at least 4+ years. Maybe I should try a newer connector. Any recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
When it's working can you control what plays from the iPod?

I have a first generation iPod Touch and my music just plays in alphabetical order and there is a message on the iPod which says something like "External device attached" and I can't control anything from the iPod. According to the OM you should be able to control what plays from the iPod.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the exact same problem in my 2011 R/T, plus when the iPod does finally come back on it starts the song over and occasionally losses its mind all together and starts playing the first song in my entire music library. Not a big deal on a long road trip because everything works once it gets going but really annoying if you are getting in and out of the car a lot. I have been looking into this off and on for a couple of months and still haven't found a solution other than going to an aftermarket radio.

·
Registered
108 Posts
When it's working can you control what plays from the iPod?

I have a first generation iPod Touch and my music just plays in alphabetical order and there is a message on the iPod which says something like "External device attached" and I can't control anything from the iPod. According to the OM you should be able to control what plays from the iPod.
I have the same problem - 2013 R/T with 430N and iPod Touch. Only way I can get full use of my iPod is to use the bluetooth. I also bought a USB cigarette plug adapter to keep it charged but not lock it up like the built in USB plug does. The bluetooth still has problems though, some times it doesn't show on the AUX devices on start up, and the cars bluetooth always tries to play music off my phone until I change the device to the iPod, but you have to do that every time you start the car. It is pretty annoying at times, but at least I can change tracks and albums. Wish there was a better option out there, but as far as I can tell there isn't one.

Also, when I Rip a CD onto the car's hard drive, the sound quality is crap. Any way of fixing that?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I hate to say it, but in some ways F*rd Sync does a better job of integrating iPhones and iPods into the entertainment system.

Ours is great, don't get me wrong. I've got my iPhone paired with the car and use it for wireless calling as well as playing music. But there are occasional "drops" over Bluetooth, and it seems like they ought ot be able to pair ALL the iPod controls to the search by artist, album, etc. in the stereo.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I've been looking through the manual and the iPod section starts on page 80 and goes into details on how it's supposed to work. I bought my '13 in November so I've spent all time learning the cars other systems. But I'm going to print out the manual and see if I can get it to work.

Also, mine is a first generation iPod Touch so it's quite possible that its OS is outdated. If so, I'm not sure to spring for one and just blow the whole thing off. I have XM (in all my cars) so it's not like I have to listen to commercial radio... god forbid.

I'll let you know how it turns out. :dj:

·
Registered
166 Posts
The interface problem is very intermittent. My whole system including the USB interface cable from the center console has been replaced by the dealer. It does work better but I still get the occasional not finding the IPod at start up. I have had times when both the IPad and IPod are connected the same time via USB that the IPod corrupted and locked up.

I have the HK system and feel it's fair but I have heard worse. What's lacking is the flexibility in the EQ. Three bands is not enough, especially with no Subwoofer level control at all. That in itself is a huge drawback. If you adjust the Bass level down it really takes away from the main speakers and the Sub can still be too strong. Seems if they asked us what we like instead of someone throwing a system together there would be better results.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Weird this is the same problem I have on my radio as well. As soon as I went to the 430 RBZ now my IPOD goes beserk. Just as described here. Wondering if it's a software gliche.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts