Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not photoshopped, it really looks like this in person: Spotted at my Mopars on the Mountain 11 cruise this weekend. Some will love it, others not so much. Don't like it? Then don't wrap your car like this!

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
This is not photoshopped, it really looks like this in person: Spotted at my Mopars on the Mountain 11 cruise this weekend. Some will love it, others not so much. Don't like it? Then don't wrap your car like this!
Looking at it makes me feel like I dropped some acid and started licking a 9 volt battery.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Crazy looking, not for me. I was looking into wraps and they can be expensive for a decent one. Saw a used Tesla at the Dodge dealer when I bought my car with a $14k wrap. Had no idea they could be that much.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I was there, and saw it ... very nicely done.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
That was my favorite car from the Mopar on he Mountain 11. I thought paint was the only way to get that look. Was and eye catcher for sure. My wife loved it even more. Car was all set up for the track too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most wraps are in the $5-$6K range. Materials are consistent across the cost spectrum. The actual labor and complexity of the wrap is what determines the higher price-tag. I've seen $2K wraps that look pretty good, and I've seen some $5K ones that looked pretty bad. I personally will not be wrapping my car, but will be doing some paint protective film.

·
Registered
5,645 Posts
Love it..... Only thing is I saw what happened to that car that was wrapped on here. They scratched the heck out of the paint...

I'd like to see one sprayed with that Chrome that they paint on... Not the cheap spray cans, there is a machine that paints chrome....

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you pick out the car amongst all these others?

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Reminds me of the Mystic Mustang Cobras of the mid 90s.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
That was my favorite car from the Mopar on he Mountain 11. I thought paint was the only way to get that look. Was and eye catcher for sure. My wife loved it even more. Car was all set up for the track too.
I went to a car show a couple weeks ago. There was a late model Mustang there in which the owner spent $5000 on a similar wrap, but did it himself. He said it took him roughly a week or so working at it approximately four hours per day. From one side on the sunny day, the car's color changed from a blue to a purple. Looking at it from the other side, it was a bronze color. I thought the color change was awesome, but it didn't have much of a shine.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
It's different, and looks like they did a good job, but no thanks ;)

A Guy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts