Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
466 Posts
Canada is in North AMERICA
The article clearly is discussing the employment situation in the United States, often referred to, rightly or wrongly, as "America". The OP is right, the photo is a mistake.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I'll take the third car down. Wait, or is it the fourth? Either way, the mango tango one. They can ship it to my house, I don't mind.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Hmmmm, did anyone else notice the "TEAM CHARGER" shirt on the chick by the thrid car? Why is she getting near the Challengers!!!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
The Camaro is made in Canada also ! Haha! Those cars are assembled with most parts coming from the good ol' USA. And a few from Mexico. All cars at Brampton come down the same line, 300s, Chargers and Challengers. Or so I've been told.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That SE has HOOD PROPS!

·
Registered
630 Posts
The car that the dudes are working on looks REALLY nice...... :)

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
This picture of the 2011 Challenger assembly line is used to represent the only 'bright spot' in American manufacturing jobs (automobiles).

Only problem is...everyone in the picture is a Canadian.

Way to go, Time :thumbsup:
-Good article otherwise.

The Good News About the January's Surprisingly Weak 32,000 Job Growth - The Curious Capitalist - TIME.com

Perhaps I should get on the CamaroTalk web site and register as "ChallengerTroll"? Naha, I have more then enough to do trolling all of the Challenger themed websites on the web as it is.
Perhaps he suffers from an acute case of "Challenger Envy"? He wouldn't be the first!
:indifferent::indifferent::indifferent:

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
He wasn't disputing where the Camaros are made. Just stating that they used a photo of at-work Canadian employees in a statement about US workers. Good catch, I'd say. Nothing really wrong with it except that someone needs to do some research prior to publishing such photos and looking stupid. I assume that was the point of the thread.

Is it the value of the dollar, difference in unions, pay scale, what? Why DO the US based manufacturers use Canadian factories? Not saying there's anything wrong with that. I know they do a good job. Just wondering...

Hey CamaroTroll, That is a sharp looking car. Really love the color. (Yeah, I know, here it comes - we're all CAR lovers though, right? Just with different tastes.)

·
Registered
301 Posts
He wasn't disputing where the Camaros are made. Just stating that they used a photo of at-work Canadian employees in a statement about US workers. Good catch, I'd say. Nothing really wrong with it except that someone needs to do some research prior to publishing such photos and looking stupid. I assume that was the point of the thread.

Is it the value of the dollar, difference in unions, pay scale, what? Why DO the US based manufacturers use Canadian factories? Not saying there's anything wrong with that. I know they do a good job. Just wondering...

Hey CamaroTroll, That is a sharp looking car. Really love the color. (Yeah, I know, here it comes - we're all CAR lovers though, right? Just with different tastes.)
Not an answer to your question, just an interesting note. Chrysler's market share is higher in Canada then in the US.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Canada is in North AMERICA
any of our local Canadian members like to be referred to as Americans or North Americans?
That's like Americans saying we are Southern Canadians or Northern Mexicans :notallthere:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Last I checked we live the United States of America. So we are Americans. Yes I know everyone in North and South America are also Americans.

·
Registered
574 Posts
any of our local Canadian members like to be referred to as Americans or North Americans?:notallthere:
Absolutely not! I'm Canadian to the bone. I watch Hockey, Play in the snow, say EH and drink Molson Canadian beer, ... I also park my car with the winter...boo

No problems with the US but its a matter of national pride which im sure most of you also have for your country.

As to the OP good find with the photo, journalist.... sigh they have no clue.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Camaro is made in Canada also ! Haha! Those cars are assembled with most parts coming from the good ol' USA. And a few from Mexico. All cars at Brampton come down the same line, 300s, Chargers and Challengers. Or so I've been told.
HEY, Canadians are people too.... Or so I've been told!

There is no other country of people so much like us (Americans). So I say we love them like brothers.. because were we go or they go we go together.. they had a beach to storm on D day as well.

Molson isn't bad either..

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
"North Americans", please. That sounds like a NAFTA reference. Last I heard Canada still counts Quebec as its own. It really shouldn't bother anyone where they're made just as long as its not China or North Korea, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Absolutely not! I'm Canadian to the bone. I watch Hockey, Play in the snow, say EH and drink Molson Canadian beer, ... I also park my car with the winter...boo

No problems with the US but its a matter of national pride which im sure most of you also have for your country.

As to the OP good find with the photo, journalist.... sigh they have no clue.
Do they still sell Molson Dry up there? That was my favoUrite beer.:guiness:
I was born in Canada and spent my first 32 years there (Montreal) before I made my escape...er....moved down here 12 years ago (legally, software engineer through NAFTA). I flipped to perm resident when I got married, and I am now a dual citizen.

About the national pride thing, I simply missed it growing up. Living as an English guy in a French majority wasn't all that much fun. I envied the way Americans took pride in their country, which is the complete opposite of what (most) Quebecers thought of Canada. So I got the heck out of Dodge (no pun intended). My family still lives up there and always try to bash America (not Americans) any chance they get (they sure love Florida though ;)). I stopped arguing with them years ago. :D

Oh well, c'est la vie.

·
Premium Member
2015 SRT 392
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
. . .
Thanks, actually there are only four cars in the muscle car family, so we're closer than you think.

(Camaro, Challenger, Mustang, and I guess Charger too if you're into 4-doors.)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts