Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed recently my brakes at starting to screech. Was planning on doing them this weekend so I looked at them yesterday and noticed both front and rear r-s brake pads are worn and both front/rear l-s brakes still have quite a bit more life. Why are my r-s brakes wearing out before the left? Is this normal or should I take it to the dealer to look at? To me it doesn't seem like normal wear I'm thinking something is wrong causing one side to wear out faster than the other. Any input? Advice? Is this something the dealer will cover under warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
I noticed recently my brakes at starting to screech. Was planning on doing them this weekend so I looked at them yesterday and noticed both front and rear r-s brake pads are worn and both front/rear l-s brakes still have quite a bit more life. Why are my r-s brakes wearing out before the left? Is this normal or should I take it to the dealer to look at? To me it doesn't seem like normal wear I'm thinking something is wrong causing one side to wear out faster than the other. Any input? Advice? Is this something the dealer will cover under warranty?

The dealer can inspect and diagnose what is causing the uneven brake wear.
You didn't mention the year of your vehicle or mileage as this will determine if you have warranty coverage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts