Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you guys read online that the Challenger is going to be replaced by the Cuda in 2016? I read that they can't keep updating the Challenger because it will loose its retro looks so they will instead be replacing it with the Baracuda. Anybody got any info on this?

·
Registered
610 Posts
really ?? since you might have missed the news... CNN... DODGE facebook anouncement ... 21 million threads in here regarding the dodge business plan.. i will post it here in a picture.. like they say... "a picture is worth more than thousand of words..."

·
Registered
610 Posts
so NO... the challenger is staying until at least 2018 with the same look as the 2015 and same chassis

·
Registered
78 Posts
Challenger is staying around until at least 2018. 2018 Is supposed to bring a complete redesign. Most current rumors (I know a few people, and work in the business, but they are always just rumors until they are formally announced by Chrysler) are that the Cuda has been shelved for now. Even if they do release that vehicle, it will most likely not be named the Cuda. I'd expect to see it back as the avenger, or possibly the rebel.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
According to All Par the 2015 will be 8" shorter and somewhat lighter

·
Registered
404 Posts
So we're getting a Journey SRT but no Durango SRT? C'mon Dodge build a Durango SRT...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
2015 is a somewhat revamped 2008-2014.Retaining the retro look expect more aluminum and a slightly smaller lighter version in 2018 or possibly 2019.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I work for Fiat/Chrysler etc etc. The Cuda was suppose to be out 2 years ago. Do not count on it next year. I do not see them getting rid of the Challanger. Car been selling for 50 years.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think it is pure BS. I held off for two years on getting a new Challenger because the talk about a Cuda being released, which never happened. So I ordered my 2013 Challenger and gave up on the new Cuda idea. I have owned three 440 E-Body Cudas in the past and they were great, but not as nice as a modern muscle car for a daily driver.
And if they do come out with a new Baracuda that looks like the old A-Body, I am sure it will be nothing I would want. I never cared for the old a-body Cuda.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Ive said this before but im sure they will never build another 'Cuda while the Challenger is around. The cars would be too similar thus cannibalizing each others sales.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So we're getting a Journey SRT but no Durango SRT? C'mon Dodge build a Durango SRT...

Theres a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT in the showroom at the dodge dealer where I got my Challenger. If you want a dodge Version,a couple thousand in parts and emblems is all you need. If you can afford the $75k price of the jeep, a couple thousand more to Durango-fi it will not be a problem.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts