Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been discussed before, but I am new to this whole thing of computer tuning. I have a 2013 RT Plus that I have added a legmaker CAI and also added a Blastin Bobs glasspack kit. Is it worth getting a tuner and will it really make any difference? This car is my daily driver and I like the gas mileage I get with the MDS on. I would like firmer shifts from the tranny and I have a little taller tires in the back so I could adjust for that too. If worthwile, is Diablo the way to go or are there others that work better? Thanks, John

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Yes, definitely worth it...especially with a custom tune. I guess you could leave MDS on, but I get better mileage with it off (and a custom tune).

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have my stock tune in right now so I can have my car inspected and let me tell you I cant stand it.
Its like night and day with the reduced torque management
The car pulls through all gears without hesitation while lighting up the taxes
X2 on the gas mileage with no mds ,stayed the same for me

·
Registered
630 Posts
Your back tires shouldn't be taller than stock unless your particular tire is taller than a normal 275/40R20.

An Intune is $450. The Trinity is around $600. Are they worth it if you aren't going to do any future mods? I don't think you will notice a huge performance gain, but "huge" is relative. If you have extra cash, go for it. Or, put it on your Christmas list. :) My comments are based upon the performance of my 2010 vehicle. I'm not sure how it compares to the newer cars.

I had a Predator before I supercharged my car. The thing I liked best about it was the throttle boost. When you pressed the accelerator, it was more responsive. I'm not sure what that did to the gas mileage, though. Probably didn't help....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Tires*
damn auto correct

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Recently purchased an InTune DCX-amazed at the difference in the "fun" factor of driving the car now. Throttle boost gives you better pedal response. Torque management removal results in a more linear pedal to engine experience. You can also firm up the shift sequence without killing the tranny or your neck.

Yes, worth it in my book

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
349 Posts
I too am trying to determine if it's worth the cost. I am using 87 octane now and to be honest I am not all that impressed with my gas mileage. I can't imagine paying more for higher octane and tuning the engine, all I can imagine is paying and using more gas. LOL

1,931 Posts
With the Diablo intune or Trinity you can keep the 87 octane and adjust things like throttle boost to make the car more responsive.....but it is possible to get a custom tune and run 89 or 93 and get enough boost in MPG to pay the difference while getting more power...

Another way to save $$ with the tuner is to buy one used...they come up all the time on the forums...You could save $100+...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great information from all you guys. When you speak of a custom tune, where does that come from? Is that from the tuner or something extra? thanks, John

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just saw a listing for a Jet Module. Considerably cheaper. Anyone have any experience with them? Thanks, John

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Id do a Diablo and then front and rear razors edge strut bars and sway bar upgrade ... you will love it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, I've decided to get a Diablo tuner until I get the supercharger. I have a 2013 RT 5.7 auto. I've searched and looked at the Diablo website but don't really understand what the difference is between the trinity and intune. I see the trinity mounts on the dash/window and has some visual options otherwise, are they basically the same?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I purchased the intune tuner and it made a big difference in how the car performs. Plus with the talk about the Challengers with automatic transmissions breaking the timing chain with the MDS active, I turned it off. I was starting to get tired of shifting it all of the time to keep the mds off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts