Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a simple question today. I have a 2011 R/T Auto....and I have taken off the resonators and added straight pipe. I have also replace the stock mufflers with flowmaster outlaw 2.5". My question is...if i spend the money adding an x-pipe, will it be worth it? What will I notice? Will it sound better or worse? HP gains? Thanks a lot in advance.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I havent added one to my Challenger, but I can tell you that when I added a set of Kooks Headers and X-pipe to my last car to a Corsa cat back system the HP gains were very nominal as far as the butt dyno...but the sound of my car completely changed...it went from a deep muscle car type sound to a raspy "honda civic with a fart can" type sound....I was TOTALLY LET DOWN. I went back and started listening to all the youtube vids etc and suddenly I noticed the rasp a ton more!!! I FRIGGEN HATED IT!!! I spent the next year trying to get someone with an H-pipe to trade me (as the internet hype says the X-pipe is better...I bought into it, so maybe someone else would!!)...well the guys who bought H-pipes were all in the know and NONE ever took the bait to swap out and I eventually got rid of the car...

I absolutely would NOT get an X-pipe unless you hear it first or at least have the option of returning it if you dont like it....

I am COMPLETELY gun shy now as far as exhaust sounds goes...I have been listening to clips for the last month and every little nuance stands out like a sore thumb to me, as the Challenger exhausts are a LOT more expensive than any other car I have owned and I dont want to make a mistake I regret again...so I am not buying JACK SQWAT unless I hear it in person....

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
The X pipe is worth 9 to 12 hp at the wheels. Not from butt dyno, but real rollers.
On the other note. I removed my Rt exhaust with super 44s and glass packs out back. Great muscle car sound !!! but not where im going. RT ex is 2.5in mid going to 2.25 out back. Being blown, I went 3in no cats mids off headers and then srt x pipe back thats 2.75in all the way to the stock factory resinators I Kept ON the car !!!! Not exactly Factory but close, quite I like, slight rumble without the cats makes a big diffrence.
FlatTop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts