Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard there is going to be a Cuda in 2012. Has anyone heard (since there is no Plymoth any more) are they going to do away with Challengers to add the Cuda?
Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
There is a big IF about the 'Cuda... IF..... If they do it at all it will probably be a very short run top HP version of the Challenger. I really don't see them replacing the Challenger name that is Dodge with a Plymouth name in the lineup.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The talk of a Cuda was really nothing more than a Chrylser Director talking to the press about them getting a ton of feedback from enthusiests like all of us to bring the Cuda back....reading the quotes a couple weeks ago that was really the extent of the comments that I could find.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
well it's a 100% totally and completely confirmed rumor...

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
if they did make a chrysler cuda, it would be a few year away. need more time to build and test prototypes before any production begins.

·
Registered
122 Posts
if they did make a chrysler cuda, it would be a few year away. need more time to build and test prototypes before any production begins.
Not if it's nothing more than a body kit on the challenger. That could be a pretty fast turn around time.

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
I took a look at the Fiat 500 American site. It's not so cheap to buy one. It's as much as an SE Challenger if you don't get the base model. So far I don't know of a Fiat dealer in Alabama. I'm not sure I care but my guess is that Memphis and Atlanta will have the first dealerships in my area.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
if they build one i'll buy 2 soon as they hit the showroom

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hopefully, Chrysler will replace the Sebring/C200 with the a rear wheel drive Cuda and keep the Challenger. The Cuda should be smaller and lighter then the Challenger and offered as a convertible. However, I think they will replace the Challenger with the Cuda, since the Challenger has a very limited market.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm pretty sure as of right now the Cuda has a green light to be produced. That's not to say that something couldn't happen between now and then and it could go away. I've also heard that it will be an actual Cuda and not a modified Challenger.
________
HOW TO ROLL A JOINT

·
Registered
88 Posts
All things considering, turn around time wouldn't be that much.... they're not prototyping a whole new platform. New hood, quarters, rear tail lights, and a hxc style grill insert, & emblem tooling is all they'd really need, baring any issues getting the tooling made 4-6 months would be doable to get that tooling done. Just cross your fingers it's a manual window stripped down monster with only airbags & ESP to satisfy minimum NHTSA req's.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
All things considering, turn around time wouldn't be that much.... they're not prototyping a whole new platform. New hood, quarters, rear tail lights, and a hxc style grill insert, & emblem tooling is all they'd really need, baring any issues getting the tooling made 4-6 months would be doable to get that tooling done. Just cross your fingers it's a manual window stripped down monster with only airbags & ESP to satisfy minimum NHTSA req's.
Be quiet or they might hear you. If they make stripped down versions, younger people like me might actually be able to afford them and we can't have that now can we?:notallthere:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts