Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I called a dealership today to ask them about performing this fix. They said that they don't have the software yet. Where can they get the software to do the fix? Anyone know any Atlanta area dealerships that DO have the software? After 4 months I'd be REALLY happy to finally get my iPhone working right in my car.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This update (TSB # 08-036-11) has been available to all the Chrysler, Dodge & Jeep dealerships thru their "Dealer Connect system". They are just being lazy. They all got it at the same time.
What is this "Dealer Connect System", and what should I tell my dealership so they can go get this and fix my car? :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
My apologies, the "Dealer Connect System" is the Chrysler website that their Techs access for diagnostics, pin point test, schematics, TSB's etc. When you plan to go to the dealer, first I would call them and ask about the TSB 08-036-11. I have had replies from several people that say when they mention it to the service personnel, they are told "it's not available". Fact is that it is available and has been since 6-29-2011. I waited till 6-30-2011 to call a couple of dealers before I posted this information on a Wrangler forum.
I called the local dealership there. They said they had the TSB, but didn't have the software to perform it. They told me to "check back on Friday", making it sound like they needed to receive a physical shipment. So you are saying they can download the software from the "Dealer Connect System", and don't actually need to physically receive anything?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Sterling Height Chrysler was the 2nd dealer I called before I posted on another forum on the 30th about the TSB being released. The 1st dealer wanted to argue that it wasn't available. I then called SH chry and they weren't aware of it until after I told him I have a screen shot from Dealer Connect showing that I got from a Chrysler Eng at the Chrysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills. He dug a little and then I heard "hey here it is".
I went to Suburban Chrysler on Monday to check the process out from a dealers side because there were people having problems getting it done correctly or at all. The service writer originally said the TSB doesn't exist, I pulled out the TSB report and showed him it does exist and that I wanted to watch the process. The Tech that did the process had no problems performing it. This leads me to believe that the techs that are having problems are not reading the instructions correctly and are thinking that the update is being done thru wireless transmission. I read about a person that took his vehicle to a 2nd dealer because of the 1st did not do it correctly. (he originally thought that the update sucked because it didn't work but I was able to verify that it either wasn't done or done incorrectly. This was verified by the streaming audio playing fine but then becoming choppy when the display back lighting was turned on to see the "now playing" screen).
He asked the 2nd dealer tech if it was done and asked about how long the update beeped for. The tech looked at him and said " beep, there was no beeps, I plugged the thumb drive in, hit go and it was over in a second". The guy asked "no beeps at all" and just walked out, knowing that the update wasn't done properly. This guy is in Oklahoma and has 2 brand new Rubicons. This same story has been posted by several vehicle owners in different states. I am now trying to help him out.
Another problem that is coming up is that the TSB is showing that the TSB is for vehicles built prior to April 18th 2011. The person mentioned above with the 2 Rubicons (I know this isn't a JEEP forum but I am using it as an example) has 1 that is built on 4-19-2011 and the other built on 4-25-2011 and I have helped him to verify the Uconnect module PN by locating it and giving that # to me. I am trying to bring this to the attention of Chrysler.
Sorry to be so long winded but I thought this information would help others here to make sure the proocess is done correctly. The tell tale sign for most of the phones is in the streaming audio, if the streaming audio is playing correctly, the update was done. Most of the phones I have read about had other issues along with the streaming audio issue. Hope this is helpful.
Can you post up that screenshot show I can show it to my dealership? Also "I have helped him to verify the Uconnect module PN" could you tell us where we find this PN?

Thanks,

·
Registered
399 Posts
mrJeep thanks a million for this info, I'm going to give this a shot when I get home.

There is one crucial question here though - given that this is the Challenger forums, which category is a Challenger? Mid-large or small?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ramjaeger,
first you want to make sure that you have the SW version 43.1.10 and not the 43.1.30 (just to keep you from wasting your time. As I mentioned earlier the module is to the right of the glove box. Open it and remove it if needed in order to verify the SW version. I'll get mrjeep to guide you to the right version (it will be for the update of PN 68140634AA).
I will work on the 43.1.30 issues with some ENGs when I get back from vacation a week from Tuesday.
Ok, do you work for Dodge BTW?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks xsdbs and MrJeep - you guys are my heroes. I just performed the update and it worked 100%!!! I am so happy, after having my Challenger for months I can finally use my IPhone 4 with it properly. It is like my car finally feels whole :)

FYI I have a 2011 SRT8 Inaugural Edition Challenger manufactured in January with a 430N radio. I didn't actually look to see which PN my module had, I figured due to my early build date it had to be the older software. I used the update for "small" cars that you have listed.

Bluetooth streaming now works properly
I can now connect through the USB in the center console and it works every time

A couple of minor issues:
When you a track ends, you hear about half a second of the next track, then silence, then the next track begins. In other words, the transitions between tracks aren't smooth.

Also, sometimes when tracks change, the song information text either takes a few seconds to update, or sometimes doesnt update at all.

Finally, album art doesn't display properly.

All of these things are minor too me though. I'm just happy it finally works!!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.