Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 430 Radio without navigation, & it doesn't.
Someone mentioned there might be a new software update for this.
True??
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
(updated july 7, 2011) a technical service bulletin (tsb) has been issued addressing the connectivity of the media center and uconnect touch radios with apple® products like the iphone®, ipod® or ipod touch®.
Radios affected include media centers 130 (res), 230 (req), 430 (rbz), 430n (rhb) and uconnect touch radios 4.3s (rha), 4.3s (reb), 8.4 (re2), 8.4n (rb5) if equipped with uconnect voice command with bluetooth.
The usb service flash addresses these compatibility issues:
  • the message “connecting to device” is displayed on apple ipod touch, ipod, or iphone when connected to the vehicle usb port, but the device will not sync to the hands free module (hfm) to play audio
  • iphone 4 audio will drop out and skip during a streaming audio session
refer to tsb number 08-036-11 (issued on june 29, 2011) for applicable vehicles and full instructions to perform this service flash.
thank you!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I remember correctly, this was for vehicles built before April something (25th maybe?). I had this TSB performed on my '11 Grand Cherokee (which has the RHB), and it fixed the iPhone 4 USB issues. The Challenger I picked up earlier this week worked perfectly from the get-go (6/22 build date).
Makes sense...mine was built in Jan.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
For someone (like myself) who is "technology challenged", is a thumb drive the same thing as a flash drive? And how do you download it on the car radio?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I am glad it is working for everyone, and I am happy to help. Thank you xsdbs for providing the files and instruction, and Uconnect guys for making an update for us

Yes thumb/flash/usb drive... it's all pretty much the same. Click the link appropriate for your vehicle, download the file to your computer, then drag and drop the file to your flash drive, plug the flash drive into your car's remote usb port in the glove box or center console, and continue with the rest of the instructions
Thank you MrJ!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.