Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
(Updated July 7, 2011) A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) has been issued addressing the connectivity of the Media Center and Uconnect Touch radios with Apple® products like the iPhone®, iPod® or iPod touch®.
Radios affected include Media Centers 130 (RES), 230 (REQ), 430 (RBZ), 430N (RHB) and Uconnect Touch radios 4.3S (RHA), 4.3S (REB), 8.4 (RE2), 8.4N (RB5) IF EQUIPPED WITH UCONNECT VOICE COMMAND WITH BLUETOOTH.
The USB service flash addresses these compatibility issues:
  • The message “connecting to device” is displayed on Apple iPod touch, iPod, or iPhone when connected to the vehicle USB port, but the device will not sync to the Hands Free Module (HFM) to play audio
  • iPhone 4 audio will drop out and skip during a streaming audio session
Refer to TSB Number 08-036-11 (issued on June 29, 2011) for applicable vehicles and full instructions to perform this service flash.
If I remember correctly, this was for vehicles built before April something (25th maybe?). I had this TSB performed on my '11 Grand Cherokee (which has the RHB), and it fixed the iPhone 4 USB issues. The Challenger I picked up earlier this week worked perfectly from the get-go (6/22 build date).

·
Registered
148 Posts
What is this "Dealer Connect System", and what should I tell my dealership so they can go get this and fix my car? :)
All dealers know how to find and perform these TSBs. The TSB is very clear about how the dealer acquires the software update, and how they install it.

I've attached the TSB here. Print it and take it to the dealer. It really shouldn't be necessary though. Just sounds like lazyness on the part of the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I called the local dealership there. They said they had the TSB, but didn't have the software to perform it. They told me to "check back on Friday", making it sound like they needed to receive a physical shipment. So you are saying they can download the software from the "Dealer Connect System", and don't actually need to physically receive anything?
The TSB gives them very clear instructions on how to get the software. They use their wiTECH diagnostic tool to get the update for the hands-free module. They download it using their wiTECH, and copy it to a USB thumb drive. They then use that USB thumb drive in the center console USB port.

The dealer isn't going to be sent any software update... they have everything they need! Is there another dealer by you that you can take it to? This one sounds completely clueless.

·
Registered
148 Posts
RMac, where in MI are you? I'm in Troy.
Sterling Heights.

Mine works in my Ram but only after I bought the correct cable. I tried to find the part number but could not. Once I got the correct cable it worked like a champ.
The TSB fixes compatibility issues with the newer Apple products, running iOS4 (iPhone 4, upgraded iPhone 3G and 3GS, iPod Touch, and the latest iPhone nano). Without this update, if you plug the device into the center console USB port, 9 out of 10 times it will show an error message and not read the device. It also fixes an issue with Bluetooth Streaming Audio, where the audio plays about 10 times faster than normal, and skips.

Older Apple devices worked fine without this update.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You say the album art is not displaying correctly. Where is this artwork not being displayed correctly? Is this in the cabled or streaming mode?QUOTE]

When I have my iPhone connected to the center console USB port, I have never seen the 430 or 430N display the album art for the songs I'm playing. Every track has album art when played in iTunes. All songs are AAC, with no DRM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.