Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I have a 2011 Dodge Challenegr RT. I got a brake job and the worker called me in to look at something. He told me my control arms are bad. He had me look at the front wheels from the outside as he drove the car and creeped up slowly he braked and the wheel actually seemed to move back and forth a bit. He said it looked severe.

Is it dangerous to drive like this. I really havent noticed anything, except the car doesnt track as straight, but not really any clunks over potholes ???

thanks

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I dunno... it's kind of an interesting look for a car.

Hey, was that you at the wheel, there (not judging - it was awesome)? :)

Seriously... fix it. ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I wanted to link some of tommasom's past threads for ya, but there were too many. Take a look for yourself. And I thought I was hard on cars. It's leased too... :yesnod:

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm no expert but I am a firm believer that the wheel shouldn't move.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I figured you were exaggerating... but no. 148 threads of epicness.
Yeah, he needs to get a bicycle or ride the bus.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
Sorry but everytime I see a thread title like this, I already know who it is before I look at the name. Just when you think he traded it in on a ricer, here comes another thread.

Thanks for the comic releif USRWDV8.

·
Super Moderator
15,089 Posts
It sounds like worn control arm bushings or tension rod bushings.

IIRC, the OP is in NY and has a habit of "finding" potholes or other road hazards.

There's been a lot of threads about his events with this (2nd) car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
lease is done in June, still the same car from 2011. When braking you cna see the tire/wheel jump back and forth a bit, more back into the wheel well. But how could it be the bushing if I dont hear any clunks or squeaks. The car does wander a bit, but nothing major. Could the wheel fall off and somehting bad happen?

And please treat the question as a new question and stop looking for past posts about I was hard on my car and how there were some potholes and such.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Of course it's not a good thing!!!! Better get it fixed ASAP cuz when that stuff breaks it can cause a heck of alot of damage to the car..... good luck!!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK got back form the Dodge dealer. Under warranty they replaced these two things

4670508-AE STRUT TEN 17023004
4670509-AE STRUT TEN 17023004

is this the same as the lower control arms with the bushing and ball joint?

thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,089 Posts
OK got back form the Dodge dealer. Under warranty they replaced these two things

4670508-AE STRUT TEN 17023004
4670509-AE STRUT TEN 17023004

is this the same as the lower control arms with the bushing and ball joint?

thanks
Those parts are the tension strut - in connects the control arm to the front of the k-member (engine cradle). These control some the of front/rear lateral movement - they have rubber bushings that can wear on those parts and cause play in the suspension and affect the stability/feel of a car's handling.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Just to be safe.............you need an alignment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts