Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!
I bought my 2018's Dodge Challenger Scat Pack in September and only several months ago I noticed that if I look at my car from the side I see that it's bottom is not parallel to the ground. I mean that the front side is visibly lower than the rear side.
Maybe I wouldn't care if there weren't really bad and bumpy roads in my country. A couple of times I touched the ground with engine protection and muffler.
I checked the springs and the springs are stock. So my car is not lowered.
Maybe someone knows is that a problem or everything is ok and this model must have this tilt to the front side?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Super Moderator
18,028 Posts
yes - there is a "rake" to the suspension - especially with the Scat Pack models - so its normal. Rear will be higher than the front

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes - there is a "rake" to the suspension - especially with the Scat Pack models - so its normal. Rear will be higher than the front
And it seems like there's no way to raise the front on 0,5-1 inch?

From that picture, I would say the car is lowered
Yeah it looks lowered to me too but I checked the numbers of springs and they're stock.

·
Super Moderator
18,028 Posts
And it seems like there's no way to raise the front on 0,5-1 inch?
not really - that would require changing springs - the 5.7 R/T spring have a taller ride height, but then handling isn't as good (softer spring rate) compared to the firmer Scat Pack spec spring

Reactions: MindfreakDenny

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not really - that would require changing springs - the 5.7 R/T spring have a taller ride height, but then handling isn't as good (softer spring rate) compared to the firmer Scat Pack spec spring
Responsiveness of handling will downgrade only on track or in everyday usage too?

Yeah it looks lowered to me too but I checked the numbers of springs and they're stock.
I think there might be a problem with shock-absorbers. But I don't want to order new absorbers and wait for two months to get them (yeah I live in Ukraine 😅) until I am sure there's something wrong with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looks like my R/T. All stock but I did get the Performance Handling Group at $1,595 which includes the High Performance suspension which is probably what you have 'stock' in yours.

View attachment 1058545
Yeah and I can see this kind of tilt in your car too.

Have you ever faced a problem with passing bumpy roads with deep pits and high speedbreakers?

The only problem is that the ride height as it seems is not actual ride height when we talk about Challenger. I mean there are some parts on bottom like engine protection, exhaust pipes, muffler etc which stick out lower than the main part of the bottom if you get what I mean. 😅

·
Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
537 Posts
Have you ever faced a problem with passing bumpy roads with deep pits and high speedbreakers?
I have had no issues but you have to be quite conscious about it.

It has helped me personally by having a very low front end on my '07 Mustang GT/CS which I have owned since 'new'. It taught me to be very careful, so it was natural to do the same in the Challenger.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s perfect as is!!
Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. Your Challenger looks great. (y) Stay safe my friend. ;)
Thanks!

I have had no issues but you have to be quite conscious about it.

It has helped me personally by having a very low front end on my '07 Mustang GT/CS which I have owned since 'new'. It taught me to be very careful, so it was natural to do the same in the Challenger.

View attachment 1058548
Your Mustang looks amazing btw.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don’t think about it. The car is sitting normally.

Stay strong over there and know A LOT of us here in the USA support and hope you all prevail. Putin can go to hell.

Reactions: MindfreakDenny

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great looking Challenger and sitting right! Stay safe ✊🏼
Ok thank you. 😊

Welcome from Kentucky, beautiful car! Stay safe👍
Thanks. 😉

Don’t think about it. The car is sitting normally.

Stay strong over there and know A LOT of us here in the USA support and hope you all prevail. Putin can go to hell.
Thank you very much! We, Ukrainians, really appreciate how US help our country and many Americans support us.
And yeah Putin definitely will go to hell pretty soon. 😀

This is my 2019 Hellcat with factory springs and it's sits similar to yours, so alls good View attachment 1058569

Yes. Maybe your car has even stronger tilt than mine.
Someday I'm going to buy Hellcat but now I need to gain some experience.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts