Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add rear air shocks to my 2015 Challenger R/T+? I want to go old school and raise the rear end a little more than I have. If possible please post pics if you've done it.

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,417 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,784 Posts
Have not seen air shocks but they do make rear air bags to replace the rear springs.

Or you could leave the back alone and get drop springs for the front (i.e. springs for an RT with STP). The RT+ sits ~1 inch higher than scats (assuming you don't have the STP option).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts

A Guy
IF I (big IF, but I do get it why someone would want to) was going to do this, I would use those spacers/limiters. And IF that wasn't enough, I would try a comparable drop in the front, if it was a Challenger that wasn't already lower in the first place.
The big advantages to those are
CHEAP
Removable
Disavantage (kinda) is rear will be stiffer

Reactions: Challenger49guy

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have not seen air shocks but they do make rear air bags to replace the rear springs.

Or you could leave the back alone and get drop springs for the front (i.e. springs for an RT with STP). The RT+ sits ~1 inch higher than scats (assuming you don't have the STP option).
I do have MOPAR stage 1 lowering springs on the front and stock in the rear, I would just like to be able to change it higher when parked at shows.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

A Guy
I may try those rubber spacers, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts