Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you know I've got an IE 392 on the way, and I'm passing the time until the car arrives reading and watching anything I can that has to do with the challenger. So I watched the Ultimate Factories show where they show the Challenger being built. I know the V8s I the new Challengers are referred to as hemis. But during that show when they showed the engine being assembled it didn't look like the heads were hemispherical.

So my question is, are they really hemis, or is this just marketing guys run amok?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The combustion chambers aren't really perfectly hemispherical, but they're close enough for me! They have the intake and exhaust valves canted at big angles to each other so they sure aren't wedge heads. Some people call them pent-roof, but I don't think that's quite right, either.

Bill

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Think about it this way- if you stick plastic eyes, ears, nose, and lips on a Mr. Potato Head, it's still a Mr. Potato Head, right? It's now just a more elaborate incarnation of the pure, basic design that was running around in the 60's. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts