Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellows,

It started last week when I tried starting my car using my Keyfob, it started cranking a lil, usually it does not do that and it fires right up. I am not sure what is causing this. any inputs or similar experience?

PS- I have SRT 09 with 11K Miles.

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
Not enough information here to answer -

How long had the car been setting - or do you drive it at least once a week for more than 30 minutes?

If it sets for more than a couple of weeks at time, do you keep a battery tender on it?

Do you have any aftermarket equipment in the car - like a Trinity?

It is an 09 - did you have the battery ground cable and battery upgrade done to it per the TSB?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not enough information here to answer -

How long had the car been setting - or do you drive it at least once a week for more than 30 minutes? I drive it everyday

If it sets for more than a couple of weeks at time, do you keep a battery tender on it? Never sits

Do you have any aftermarket equipment in the car - like a Trinity? No

It is an 09 - did you have the battery ground cable and battery upgrade done to it per the TSB?
Not sure about this. I bought it used with 7K miles.

It does it every morning. Not sure if it is the battery. If it is then how come the remote start works! What I know is keyfob remote start does not work when battery is low. BUT it starts right up in the afternoon or in the evening. It just does it when it sits for 12 hours or more.

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
Go here: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f89/dodge-challenger-tsbs-2008-2011-a-5609/

and look up RRT-09019 and CSN-J21.

Look at your battery and make sure it is 730CCA and your battery ground cable has a green marker on it. If not at maybe you can get a new battery for free and upgraded ground cables which is good upgrade even if it doesn't solve this problem.

Also you can create an account on the Dodge site, register your VIN and look at the service history.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Your battery could also be failing.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go here: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f89/dodge-challenger-tsbs-2008-2011-a-5609/

and look up RRT-09019 and CSN-J21.

Look at your battery and make sure it is 730CCA and your battery ground cable has a green marker on it. If not at maybe you can get a new battery for free and upgraded ground cables which is good upgrade even if it doesn't solve this problem.

Also you can create an account on the Dodge site, register your VIN and look at the service history.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the info. I will check the battery and cable today. I checked the service history on Dodge.com and it say there is no recalls existed for my vehicle but I did find one service done a year before I bought it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I called the dealer and they confirm that the battery and cable recall was done last august and there is no recalls exist on my car ( Which I already knew when I checked my account online - the service history and recalls) So what they say is to bring it over and leave it overnight to check it in the morning. I dont think it is worth taking it to the dealer. They gona reflash the computer and that's all. It is just trying to fire right up but something is holding it for a second or two. What you guys think?

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Definitely have them flash the ECU. I'm assuming you don't have any custom tuning done on the car, correct? If you do, make sure you put the stock tune back in or your tuner will be toast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts