Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Some people, so want a 707hp big V8 muscle car and you are concern about gas milage.also you see some dudes wants to do a big bore strokes big cam high flow heads add big gear on the back and the end they ask , but how this will affect my gas mileage, LOL.

Go buy a Prius you'll get good gas mileage.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't think he was complaining about it you guys have your coffee yet :jester:

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Sorry I just woke up, but I have see people do that buy muscle car than wants to mod it than ask about gas milage, just funny to me......

·
Registered
106 Posts
How often has anyone on this site gone WOT for a full minute or more?

BTW, feeding a mouse 6 pounds of sugar will induce cancer - be careful not eat 6X your body weight in sugar at one sitting.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hmm, let's see - a Hellcat at WOT will reach 125mph in about 11 seconds, so after 2 minutes at WOT, how fast would it be going?

Now, assuming that it needs to be at WOT to maintain its top speed, which Car & Driver says is 165, if it burned 1.5 gal/minute, it would be getting 1.8 mpg.

At 1.5 gal/min, it would empty its 19 gal tank in 12.7 minutes, a little bit more time than a Bugatti Veyron, which would empty its 26 gallon tank in only 12 minutes.

The Bugatti would be going much faster, of course, but the Hellcat is only 2.5% of the Veyron's price.

EDIT: It's been pointed out that 165 is way too low - reachabel by mere R/Ts, with the limiter defeated. Let's still be conservative and call it 195.

So, at 195, if it burns 1.5 gal/minute, that's 2.2 mpg. You'll still empty your tank in 12.7 minutes, but instead of doing it in 34 miles, you'll do it in 41 miles - while going early 200 mph.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The Hellcat gets pretty good gas mileage for a 707hp supercharged V8. I have no complaints. My 09 SRT barely gets 19 when im driving it like a Prius.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Hmm, let's see - a Hellcat at WOT will reach 125mph in about 11 seconds, so after 2 minutes at WOT, how fast would it be going?

Now, assuming that it needs to be at WOT to maintain its top speed, which Car & Driver says is 165, if it burned 1.5 gal/minute, it would be getting 1.8 mpg.

At 1.5 gal/min, it would empty its 19 gal tank in 12.7 minutes, a little bit more time than a Bugatti Veyron, which would empty its 26 gallon tank in only 12 minutes.

The Bugatti would be going much faster, of course, but the Hellcat is only 2.5% of the Veyron's price.

EDIT: It's been pointed out that 165 is way too low - reachabel by mere R/Ts, with the limiter defeated. Let's still be conservative and call it 195.

So, at 195, if it burns 1.5 gal/minute, that's 2.2 mpg. You'll still empty your tank in 12.7 minutes, but instead of doing it in 34 miles, you'll do it in 41 miles - while going early 200 mph.
And clearly that 165 is wrong, I can do more than that in my 6.1. Dodge has stated 199 mph top speed, but I would not be surprised if it could actually do more given enough road.

·
Registered
398 Posts
And clearly that 165 is wrong, I can do more than that in my 6.1. Dodge has stated 199 mph top speed, but I would not be surprised if it could actually do more given enough road.
I know - weird the Car & Driver said it was so low.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Nothing gets worse in mpg then a ram srt10 quad cab

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this engine it can empty the Challenger's big 18.5 gallon fuel tank in about twelve minutes. (Read my Challenger Hellcat review.):IThankYou::shocked::burnout:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts