Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rep said I'd be pushing 500hp to the crank at least.
Along with the badges and other knick knacks that come with it they are charging almost 12k for a supercharged 5.7 Hemi. This does include transportation for my car on a flatbed to their shop.

:fight: This is how I'm feeling about it.

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Personally I would have taken the $12k and bought an SRT, which includes badges, knick knacks and brakes and suspension and wheels, etc, etc.

And ended up with something close to 500 at the crank with a few bolt ons and a tune.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have not had any personal experience with Hennessey, but have spoken to people who have trusted their cars to them. In essence, if all you're looking for is a supercharger for your RT, there are other shops around Texas that will do a great job for a lot less than $12k, and you won't feel like you've been kicked in the nuts afterwards.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
12k for a supercharger is insane, most systems are 6-8k and a quality install is 1000-1500 for labor....

Reactions: gasser

·
Registered
260 Posts
The rep said I'd be pushing 500hp to the crank at least.

Along with the badges and other knick knacks that come with it they are charging almost 12k for a supercharged 5.7 Hemi. This does include transportation for my car on a flatbed to their shop.

:fight: This is how I'm feeling about it.

Don't do it bro I just procharged my 5.7 and I'm making 512 to the rear wheels safely and I brought my kit from Speedlogix I do have other goodies like ported heads and cam, ported 6.1 intake, but my dyno pulls were made with only the motor and the procharger making between 7.5 and 8 psi. No nitrous and no water meth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: SRT8U

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would just get an SRT but this is what I'll have paid off at the time....so why even waste more time paying on another car

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
I would just get an SRT but this is what I'll have paid off at the time....so why even waste more time paying on another car
You can make your RT into a beast, for 12k you can make it as fast it faster and handle and brake better than an SRT in fact.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
I would send it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I kinda see where the money is going.... 8k for the supercharger and 4k for flat bed from home to the shop and back home. Oh yeah plus the badge. For the most part its just a name. It may help if when you sell your ride and you can tell them it came from Hennessey. I'm sure it would sound cool, but you are not going to get 12K back just for that. Like everyone is saying to you, You can spend that money on a supercharger and labor then do upgrades. I do not have a supercharger but i do read lots of info on them and the other members here. Read Up and you will find there is a cheaper way to get to 500hp.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea i guess i was really just going for the name thing honestly i think you captured my whole idea on this right now

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
Hennessey, Henessy, Himessy, whatever, i don't remember but i think it is a Cognac liquor brand they serve in fancy night clubs around here...i think it is a French liquor

that's what Henessy is....liquor for $12k

ODP

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hennessey, Henessy, Himessy, whatever, i don't remember but i think it is a Cognac liquor brand they serve in fancy night clubs around here...i think it is a French liquor

that's what Henessy is....liquor for $12k

ODP
well I really hope you're making some sort of sarcastic retort to show your distaste for the idea I just proposed for my car....

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Man, I wouldn't do that. Not because he isn't good at what he does but because you could probably trade into an older SRT and for close to nothing and make that thing well over 500whp for less than $12K

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Can I rephrase the question to the experts here?

If the initial quote from Hennessey was to do it for $12k, and the consensus is that is too expensive, what would be a reasonable price for a Hennessey installed super-charger, complete with badges and the somewhat nebulous kudos that having a Hennessey worked car brings?

I'm assuming the resale value for a H. installed SC car would be higher than a self installed SC car. What do we think that value might be? It must have a value.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Seems a little high. Did you try getting a quote from Arrington? Also I noticed your in Texas with a 2013 Tomball Dodge claims to be able to keep your warranty because of their Viper certifications when installing a blower.

·
Registered
326 Posts
within a month or less you will regret all that money you spent when 500hp does not feel like enough to you anymore and you want to turn the boost up. Check out stu over at inertia over in austin . He will have some additional options for you for much cheaper

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Do it

Not so sure trading up is cheaper. But I have seen a "Hennesey." They LOOK GOOD. And they are unique. They might even get better resale value because they are seen as a "special car."

Late entry: I didn't take a close look at the brakes. If they don't "upgrade" them...it should be something to consider.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts